Spotto

Tim,
Those plates don't look Victorian to me. Until very very recently (within the last couple of months) VIC plates could not have letters following numbers. Any chance it’s the car that competed in the Targa Tassie last year? That car was black and was billed as an original… much to the owner’s horror. I read that the owner was relieved when they crashed out because he felt so uncomfortable with the deception.

I posted it because it is being discussed on another forum and I was asked about it.

Keith: funny you should say that as my only criticism was the rear, although I wondered if it was just the angle of the shot.

Chris: The photographer is known to me and he states on the page that the pic' was taken in Victoria. I have no reason to disbelieve him. I'm not sure what the situation with the reg' for either the GT or the photographer's car is.
I thought it might be the Targa car at first, but now I don't think it's the same vehicle.

What sort of transaxle do you think it is? The car in Targa had a ZF. Hard to tell I know.

If Trevor is still around maybe he can tell if it's the Targa car.

Tim.

Re the Targa entry: it's worth having a look and listen to the Targa DVD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I know Trevor (co-driver and past member of this forum) was a bit disturbed by what went on.

Tim.

After having a look at the Targa DVD again I've changed my mind. I think it may well be the Targa Tas' "real one" (watch "car profiles" on the DVD).

Tim.

Re: GT40 entered in Targa Tasmania 2005

I have permission from the copyright holder to put the television interview with the driver of the black GT40 2005 Targa Tasmania entry on the Internet. Is this of any interest to anybody or should I "drop the dead donkey"? If someone would prefer I didn't make it available then please tell me but as it's a part of the Targa Tasmania 2005 DVD I don't see that it's likely to be a problem. (if it's a PM let me know in thread as I don't check PM's often).

BTW I believe that Trevor (co-driver and engineer I understand) acted responsibly in this, as did Octagon.

I'm more interested in it for the laugh than anything else.

Tim.

Tim, I'm interested in seeing the interview.
Did we ever get to the bottom of the pic itself? The author says that it was taken on the M5 near Liverpool (Queensland I assume) and that the plates were Victorian, which I'm pretty sure is not correct.
Also, if it is the Targa Tassie car then I did happen to glance it in Tassie driving down the road in the opposite direction. It was a very quick glance but it didn't seem like a bad replica to me.

Guys,
The M5 near Liverpool would be Sydney. Liverpool is where the Hume Hwy ends, and becomes the M5.
Those plates look to me like NSW "club rego". A series of munbers followed by H for historic.

Clip is at this URL in mpeg form, or this URL in wmv form.
The mpeg is 14 mb and the wmv 7.2mb.

No definitive answer from anyone yet but I think it's the same car.

Tim.

Yes, a very interesting description of the car...........

BTW, Tim, i see there is a 340R for sale down your way. Would go well with a S/C Honda engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

I have a photo of the car (taken during Targa) somewhere with a note on it claiming that it's 1030.

Re Lotus :
Get behind me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I am very tempted to buy the car. It is an amazing vehicle.
Passenger gets a deaf left ear though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tim.

Here's the Targa thread where it was discussed.

The search now works! Thank's Ron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim.

The car is the one Trevor Booth contested in Targa 2005, i believe he has sinnce divested his interest in the car read the story here posted by Trevor himself click me .

Steve

[ QUOTE ]
I have a photo of the car (taken during Targa) somewhere with a note on it claiming that it's 1030.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please note that the reply to your post in the other thread says:
[ QUOTE ]
[Trevor] asked me to post here, on his behalf, a quick clarification of what may appear to be a misunderstanding about the car - it is not P1030 & in spite of all the original components, is not an "original" GT40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve, snap (see post above yours). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ben - As I said, I believe that Trevor acted responsibly.
Once the problem became apparent he stated the truth about the car in the thread posted above. This does not alter the fact that the car was entered as, and presented with information on its window claiming that it was, 1030.
I thought that the interview might be of interest to some, if not for the laugh then just for the footage.
It was pretty confusing down here at the time. As one of only a couple of GT40 owners in Tas' I was bombarded with questions and therefore probably saw the whole thing as a bigger deal than it was. Nevertheless I think the clip is interesting.

Did Trevor post the photo's and story as he said he would at the end of that thread? I don't check in here as often as I used to and may have missed it.
The above aside I'm sure it'd be a great read, Targa is not an easy event.

Tim.

Back