Premier Motorsports GT 40 Kit

Hello...long time, first time. (never been a fan of Rush, but always liked that phrase).

Anyway, I read about a year ago that Premier was developing a GT40 kit. Allain was helping them develop it. It was even written up in KitCar Mag...then it just went away. Anyone heard anything new about their kit? The concept of having a GT40 kit that could be bought in the US for a fair price would really allow more of us to get into this type of project.

I've watched the buildup of 2Fast's RCR over at ffcobra.com and that's a great looking car. I've also read alot about the Roaring 40's, but I wouldn't be able to complete either of those for around 40-45k. I've seen the lone star kit online, but I just can't get excited about putting a 4 cylinder in a GT40.

I know, 40k probably is not a realistic number. I currently have a supercharged FFR Cobra and would need to sell that to fund any new project, so I'm just wondering if any manufacturers are thinking about trying to mirror the FFR single donor model for a GT40 kit.

Peter in Plantation, FL...you out there? How's your car coming along?

Dan,

At the moment the project has lost momentum for all the good reasons. The past hurricane season left me with a number of projects around my and my parents house that put the GT on the back burner. Then I got hit with my oldest son deciding to take a wife which will occur this weekend. that did not have a direct effect on me only my wallet but my wife went crazy with a long list of things that must be done because we are hosting several dinners and will have house quest for the duration. She who must be obayed, must be obayed.

Anyway the project has reached the point of fitting the body with all the argavation that that intails, so I have decided that I will import Hershal for a couple of days to help me on this part of the project. The chassie for the most part is completed with all subsystems done. The engine and transmission are waiting final dressing before being dropped in. It was Hershal that pointed out to me that once the body was done I was just about complete. So the project right now is on hold but late Febuary or early March watch this space.

If you should like to take a look jsut let me know.

Peter

Dan

Good question. I got the impression Premier's GT40 project
has "stalled" for some reason. I also got the impression it wasn't going to be much less expensive than RF.

If you do your own paint and stick with a basic 302 carb motor and stock Audi trans that you might be able complete an RCR for $ 45k. Actually the best deal by far was
Luis LopezSabre/GT40 in Florida posted on the Forum a little while ago. Might want to check on that.
954-415-0026

MikeD

Back