Courtesy of Peter at GT40 Australia

Attachments

• 73621-Picture123001.jpg
    73621-Picture123001.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 553

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Frontal bags do not fire in a side impact. The GT does not have side bags so no activation was instructed by the computer. Saved a couple of grand in costs in this wreck....a new frame and all panels can be ordered and this car can be rebuilt.
Rick

Keith

Well, if they can "resurrect" classic "original" GT40 race cars out of 3 bolts, a 1 foot piece of chassis and a quart of Castrol 'R', that one is most certainly rebuildable. But would you want to?

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if they can "resurrect" classic "original" GT40 race cars out of 3 bolts, a 1 foot piece of chassis and a quart of Castrol 'R', that one is most certainly rebuildable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one! And I think it happens a fair amount. I recently saw a race car, 70 (not sure on year) Lola Chassis FF, with some pedigree, being offered with the original engine. Now, the engine was original, that much was true, had the right numbers. But the chassis was built fifteen years ago since the original was destroyed. And new body work too, and all the rest. But the engine was original!

Obviously not in the league of GT40s, F cars, etc. but hey, I've got normal car man budget.

Back