New CAV Owner has questons

I have just purchased a CAV Roller # 89 from Roy @ VIP Classics in San Diego. I should have it here in NJ in a few weeks.I plan on street driving it and putting in on a track, if they actually do build one here in Millville, NJ. It is set up for a Ford 302 and ZF Transaxle. I have several questions.

How do you recommend registering it here in NJ?

What do I need to do to make it street legal?

I am planning on doing the installs in my shop and I am looking for advise on what I will need and where to buy the components.

I looked at the fordracingparts.com 302 stroked to 342 delivering 400HP. Any experience?

I like the looks of the Weber carbs but do not want to adjust them constanly. I saw the fuel injected manifold with throttle bodies from VeryCoolParts.com. Anyone have any experience with this?

I spoke to Lloyd at RBT for a ZF 5 speed. Any suggestions on set up and ratios?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Joe,

You'll want to spend some time searching and reading in the engines forum and the transaxle forum - those topics are throughly explored there for sure. You'll find mild engines as you suggest to over the top motors delivering more than 600 rear WHEEL hp, as well as info on webers and lots of different injection options. We have sponsors on the forum, such as Keith Craft engines and Thor Motorsports, who give members dicounts on engines and systems respectively. Enjoy the forum!

Ron

Hi Joe,

Please let me be one of the first to congratulate you. I will email you some photo’s of your car being shipped Wednesday/Thursday along with CAV GT Chassis # 104 for a Mr. Allan on the east coast. Your new www.vipclassics.com /AutoFutura www.cav.co.za www.gt40s.com family are at your disposal while both VIP and AutoFutura can answer most of your questions on this forum you will find more experts/opinions and help than you could ever imagine. I don’t think any two CAV GTs have been finished off exactly the same. ENJOY!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Roy Sayles www.vipclassics.com

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Joe,

Welcome aboard:) Please feel free to call or visit if I can be of any assistance. We're doing a 347sbf,Webers and ZF 5spd right now.

Ron's right on too, there's a wealth of information already posted on your questions plus CAV owners and dealers ready to help.

Cheers

Welcome Joe, lets hope it's not too long before we can park a dozen or so '40s in someone's yard for a bash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian

Ian,

Have you done any stroked 302'2 with fuel injection and throttle bodies that look like the webers?

Thanks
Joe

Back