RFGT40 on display at Technical Books Melbourne

While I am waiting for RF GT94 to go through the registration process I was asked by the ownwer of Tech Book shop in Melbourne to display my car in their store. Obviously I have becaume well known for my frequent purchese of GT40 Books. The car will be there for two weeks. Photos attached.

Photo 1:

Attachments

• 73952-DSC02470.JPG
    73952-DSC02470.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 330
Never mind my last message. I just went into Tech Books on my way home from work. It is the first RF40 I have seen close up. All I can say is WOW! Andrew you are very lucky. The finished product is amazing.

Jack

Thanks for your kind comments Jack. What you have seen is the result of a solid 20mths work, I am lucky in that I was able to get help on items on the car that I clearly did not have the skills to do. Paint colour design was done by Allan Knight. Interior by David Mc Bride, Both these guys do turn keys for RF. I also decided after purchasing a rolling chasis to construct the car using components solely from Roaring Forties to replicate to the best of my ability what a turm key car would look like. Still yet to go through the registration process?
Good luck with your proposed purchase,

Regards, Andrew East

I was just about to ask you if it was a turn key or you did it yourself. I am dragging my wife down there on Saturday to show her where I want to be in a few years time. I must say, going to Tech books is much better value than the Motor show. It is free entry, it takes far less time, and I get to view the only car I really want to see (which incidentaly I was disappointed to see RF aren't putting ona display at). When you get it registered and on the road, if you are ever looking to take someone for a drive in it I would be more than happy to drive to wherever you are and be taken for a spin. Once again, truly awesome work on your behalf.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Looks great Andrew. You give me hope that someday soon my car will also be at your stage....
I'll pop down and check it out first hand later this week.
Congrats again, one last hurdle to go and then you are home free!

Good on you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bill.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Andrew

How did you go down at the All Ford Day last weekend? I know there was a huge crowd in Geelong, as I was closed up in a conference on the same grounds as the show, but couldn't get out to see the cars! I was unable to concentrate on my conference as I could smell the petrol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Did you take any shots?

Bill.

Andrew

Your car looks awesome! Great job! I have a question for both you and Bill and any other that wish to comment. As you were going threw your research on what kit to buy, what were the key items that made you go with RF instead of a Tornado or any of the other several kit builders?

BTW I'm not trying to start a war between members that have other kits. Your comments are equally appreciated. I read threw all of Paul W's build of his Tornado, he did an awesome job. Great job Paul!

Thanks,

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hi Jim

There are probably plenty of posts that say this, however as they are hard to find, spread out over the last 4.5 years, I'll give it a go and try to explain.
The obvious "whatever is right for me may not be right for you" is what you usually get and that is fair enough, as you said - noone wants to start a flame war here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamer.gif
My reasons for going with RF were simple really. I put a deposit down almost 5 years ago, right about when this forum kicked off. There was GT40 Australia, RF, GT40 NZ, CAV, Sabre, Tornado and ERA I think at the time. ERA were too expensive for me, CAV didn't do components, Tornado had just lost (or let go?) their US distribution, GTD was no more GT40 NZ were competative as was GT40 Australia and RF. There was no Autofutura, MDA, RCR and Sabre went out of business /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif. I chose RF because I saw their cars at the Melbourne motorshow, spoke to Robert Logan at the show and as a result drove to his factory in Dromana (less than 1 hr away for me) and saw his operation.
Others bought sight unseen and showed great faith in whichever was their choice. If you like that sort of thing, go for it. As a minimum, look at things like:
- do you want to build it yourself?
- do you want a factory built car?
- do you want a monocoque or a spaceframe?
- do you want to race/show/street drive it?

You really can't go too wrong with any of the manufacturers represented here on the forum. They all produce great quality kits, so look ask, speak, hassle and investigate to get a feel for the products at hand.

Good luck.

Bill.

p.s sorry for hijacking your thread Andrew....

Hi Bill,
Sorry you were unable to escape the conference to get out to the All Ford Day. Huge crowd with 1400 Fords on display. Robert Logan very kindly lent his Black Mk2 to Eddie E (4.6 turn key nearly finished) for the weekend. Eddie's wife had a site as a major sponsor of the event which was where the GT40s were on display. Great response to the cars with crowds arround them most of the day hence difficult to get clear photos of the cars!

Attachments

• 75487-DSC02481.JPG
    75487-DSC02481.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 317
Back