GT40 gulf colors on cover of Kit Car

Hi guys,

The recent Kit Car mag has a gulf colored Roaring Fourties on it. Mags actually been out for a few weeks, but I wanted to know what kind of outside mirrors are on it. I think they make the car! Maybe Hersh can chime in!

Also on the inside cover there is a shot of same car with rear clamshell opened. The angle of the engine is not in line with the angle of the rest of the car. Is this the way they all are?

Johnny

Johnny - you're looking at Chuck's beautiful RF. He has put BMW Mini mirrors on her. You can find numerous references to these mirrors on other threads. A recent one has pics of someone installing on their own car.

Mitch D

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Johnny,

I've not see the article but the engine sounds like it has stock and older RF mounting hardware that raises the transmission. I didn't like this either and there are better ways to do this that get the entire system level, mainly bolting the tranny mounts UNDER the frame, instead of sitting on top (requires modification to old brackets or making new ones) and using a little isolator bushing instead of the huge and complex double hump chevy style mount they used.

Ron

Thanks guys! I love those mirrors on that car, they make it! I know there are some people who want a very close replica of the original gt40's, but I really like 'restomod' style, with fuel injection, BIG HONKIN brakes (maybe even with ABS) and large 17 or 18 inch wheels with modern street rubber.

I visited the ERA factory a few years back and the GT40 stole my heart. They let me sit in a completed car (red w/white stripes) they said was being shipped to a guy in South America or maybe Puerto Rico, cant remember.

A week ago I went to Factory Five Racing's annual get together to check out the cobra's, Daytona coupes and their new GTM. WOW. I now have a 'few' more cars to add to the must have list.

GT40 replica
Cobra Coupe replica
Pantera GT5S
'65 Shelby GT350
'69 BOSS 302

oh boy, so many cars, so little money....

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Well crud, my (news stand) copy has a Shell Valley Cobra ad on the inside cover and only a very small shot of the engine compartment in the actual article. Perhaps Chuck can post that shot or a similar one (I assume he does not own the copyright to the image in the mag).

Is anyone aware if the inclination of the engine is the same from the RF factory with the six speed option? I know Hersh has made the mods that Ron referred to, but I'm not sure if it is just a cosmetic concern or not - none of my other (front engine) cars have a level drivetrain - as a matter of fact most intake manifolds are machined to allow the carb to sit level with the this incline.

Thanks & Regards,

Al

Hi AL
I was wondering if you could give me the exact information on which edition and who publishes the magazine so i could obtain one for my collection.
Regards
Allan Knight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Many thanks Chuck,
I have sent you a PM,cant wait to see the magazine.
Many Thanks
Allan Knight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back