The Boonah Run

NICE.

MV Austas, Ducatis, Ninjas and 40's, OH MY!

I need to see more pictures of the red 40 with high mount mirrors, or Im gonna die...

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Good pics Mick---but looking at those faces -- I bet they've seen some good times -- a looong while ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon_bs.gif

You can say that again. The pics where taken by Peter McCluskey and Wayne Whitehead, I dont think they got my best side.

Mick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
MustangJohnny,

Albeit, IMHO the high mount mirror are a neat design and very stylish but I ran into a couple issue with their use. They are developed and sold by DRB. If you do a search linking "DRB", you'll find\see more about them somewhere here.

Two issues I ran into were, vibration and mounting strength. Keep in mind, I have a Tornado not a DRB so there may be differences in the doors A-Piller design between the two but my mounting surface in minimal therefore I received a lot of vibration in the mirror during normal city driving. The vibration, in short order, cracked the fiberglass at the base of the mirror.

In addition, you have to be very careful not to let anyone get close enough to bump them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif For the same reason, the mounting base is minimal and the mirrors extend out far enough that if bumped will snap at the base like a toothpick. Even removing a car cover becomes a concern.

Please note that I am not pointing out a flaw in DRB's design (they are very well made), but depending on whose body your have it may or may not have the support to be firmly installed. I still believe they are far away the best looking mirror for these cars that I have seen. I may revisit these mirrors at a later date if I can think of a solid way to mount them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

My second favorite mirrors are the Sebrings.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Good pics Mick---but looking at those faces -- I bet they've seen some good times -- a looong while ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon_bs.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have any mirrors at your place Chris? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tim, the red car with the DRB mirrors is mine and although I have so far only done a few thousand clicks I have zero problem with vibration. So I suspect you are correct when you say there may be a difference in the A pillar design.

Mustang Johnny another pic for you.

Attachments

• 76210-SA500566(Small).JPG
    76210-SA500566(Small).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 279
Thanks Pete. VERY NICE. I think this car was made for this type of mirror. I also like the Mini Cooper mirrors on the 'Kit Car' magazine cover this month, but the high mounts are my favorite.

Johnny

Back