how many UK registered GT40's have left the UK?

how many UK registered GT40\'s have left the UK?

I seem to be single handedly depleting the UK stock!
My KVA (part built) went to the US
My Blue GTD went to Olivier in France and my red GTD went to Germany!
I'm pretty sure Paul bearmans car went to france as well.
How many others have been sold abroad? (not from new, I mean completed)
If the GT40 "pool" is dwindling, it's a good job we've got all these new manufacturers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Still I guess it may make what's left worth more?

Simon

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Re: how many UK registered GT40\'s have left the UK?

While the spaceframes are leaving the country, the original looking monocoques are gathering pace.
Just turned down a silly offer for mine.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif

I had 2 GTD leaving UK.
My first one went back to UK and my actual 'lives' in Belgium but under UK registration.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter

Charlie Farly, in your posting on this thread you said
"While the spaceframes are leaving the country, the original looking monocoques are gathering pace".
Andy, IMHO You are making things up again. ie 1+1=5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif or being disingenuous.
Get some facts and then do your sums again. After all, it was only last October you were dashing around trying to buy a spaceframe and soliciting advice on them so that you could be on the road in one this year.. (Not that I can give any advice - I usually ask other guys that have been around these cars for much longer than I )
Try getting these facts on space frames first.
How many have left the UK? I count about 7.
How many have been imported into the UK?I know of at least 1
How many are there currently in the UK? I don't know
How many were built for the UK? I don't know.
How many exported originally by GTD? I don't know

Since the Safirs finished production in High Wycombe in about 1994 - 12 years ago I count approximately 12 (as yet unfinished) monocoques in 12 years which includes a CAV. That includes yours , Jimmy macs, Chris's, Gelco, and others in production.. None of which are currently on the road and I doubt will be for a while yet.
If you were offered an unrealistically high price on your monocoque, if I were you I think I would have accepted it then ordered another from the same guys in Poole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
I would be curious to know the figures but I don't know how to get them.
Were you on the red wine again?
Best regards, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Dave

Hi Simon,

You 're right about Paul Bearman's car. I've bought it and brought back in France two weeks ago.
Best regards,
Remy

David,

Well said, and absolutely spot on. Isn,t there some waffle spoken on this site??

Graham @ GTA

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Simon,

You 're right about Paul Bearman's car. I've bought it and brought back in France two weeks ago.
Best regards,
Remy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi remy,

you've got an excellent car there. I know the hard work paul put into it. keep us informed of your progress.
regards

Simon

Considering how many kits Tornado & GTD sold...I think you guys can spare us other "beggar" countries a few.

And I had a waffle with strawberrys for breakfast yesterday...but not sure what "speaking" waffle is...

MikeD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charlie Farley

Supporter

David old chap,
quote...unquote
"the posts should keep to the facts with no name calling, insults, insinuation, or other behavior not fitting of a group of intelligent enthusiasts ".
Well said Ron..

Back