Talks between Auto Futura ( CAV GT ) and Roaring Forties

Talks between Auto Futura ( CAV GT ) and Roaring Forties:

We have received a number of enquiries regarding the relationship between Roaring Forties and Auto Futura and the possible manufacture of the Roaring Forties GT by our company. This notice serves to confirm that Auto Futura and Roaring Forties met on the 28 th of February 2006 to discuss the possibility of Auto Futura taking over the manufacture of the Roaring Forties GT.

Mr Robert Logan was very much in favour of AF running a separate production line for his cars, adjacent to our successful and well managed CAV GT manufacturing line. Mr Logan envisaged AF being totally responsible for all aspects of the production of the Roaring Forties GT, including production scheduling, production cost, quality assurance and delivery, while he would be responsible for sales and marketing.

Although we, as AF, presented a feasible and well structured business proposal, it was clear that Mr Logan needed some time to present AF with further product and costing data, as well as sales forecasts.
Unfortunately we have had no further feedback from Mr Logan, and we must therefore announce that these discussions were unsuccessful and have been terminated.

We wish Robert the very best in the future and hope that his current dilemma is speedily resolved without too much of a headache.

Regards to all.

Auto Futura Management

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
I hate to be so blunt, but it seems rather unprofessional to announce, especially on a public forum and seemingly unsolicited, that you hope that a competing manufacturer's "dilemma" be quickly resolved. I am not questioning the facts, just the motivation.

Just as an FYI, I have received an update on this topic from my RF dealer (and friend) Hershal. So yes, I have an agenda too I guess :)

Al H.

Today is March 8.
If talks were held on Feb 28, I wouldn't consider (8) days
a long time to wait for vital information pertaining to
a serious business decision. Almost sounds like AF wanted the deal to collapse.

And referring to Robert's "dilemma" is either hugely insensitive, or simply a low blow. Not what I have seen
in the past from Jean's participation on the Forum.

MikeD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Unfortunately for this small industry the RF "dilema" has already been publically displayed on the forum and this is hurting manufacturers, distributors and owners alike.

I don't believe that this is an attempt to kick a man when down although it could be perceived as such. I think that AF have to protect their reputation and focus on success which they continue to prove through deliverables.

At least AF are coming clean on the deal, just incase there are raised expectations from those who were aware of the negotiations.

Shame the prospective alliance did not go to fruition, two halves would definately be greater than the whole. Shouldn't be a game of survival, there is too much passion for the product!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hmmmmm. I'm with you Mike, eight days is a very short time indeed to put together any sort of professional business plan. I would love to hear Roberts version of this.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Eight days? I run two companies and have many fairly minor business dealings that take more than eight days to analyse and respond. Hell, I sometimes take that long to return a phone call. I guess the GT40 market is a bit tighter than I thought when this sort of stuff starts to happen. Sharp knives being flung around usually results in (or is intended to cause) some damage.

I sympathise, as it can’t be easy to run such a complicated operation and maintain responses on this forum. Open responses are nice, but often just can’t be done depending on what impact they could have on the business. I hope all is OK with RF and that everything works out well. I’d like to think that the market is large enough for all the players, but only time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]
We have received a number of enquiries regarding the relationship between Roaring Forties and Auto Futura and the possible manufacture of the Roaring Forties GT by our company. This notice serves to confirm that Auto Futura and Roaring Forties met on the 28 th of February 2006 to discuss the possibility of Auto Futura taking over the manufacture of the Roaring Forties GT.

Mr Robert Logan was very much in favour of AF running a separate production line for his cars, adjacent to our successful and well managed CAV GT manufacturing line. Mr Logan envisaged AF being totally responsible for all aspects of the production of the Roaring Forties GT, including production scheduling, production cost, quality assurance and delivery, while he would be responsible for sales and marketing.

Although we, as AF, presented a feasible and well structured business proposal, it was clear that Mr Logan needed some time to present AF with further product and costing data, as well as sales forecasts.
Unfortunately we have had no further feedback from Mr Logan, and we must therefore announce that these discussions were unsuccessful and have been terminated.

We wish Robert the very best in the future and hope that his current dilemma is speedily resolved without too much of a headache.

Regards to all.

Auto Futura Management

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the fuck are you and what exactly is the intent of your post, other than to foment suspicion and mistrust of RF and pound your own chest about your "successful and well managed manufacturing line?" Unprofessional is far too considerate a term for this tripe...slanderous or libelous or ethically negligent would be a more apt description. I have no idea what RF's "dilema" is or why you have any reason to insinuate in a public forum that one exists since you have confirmed that you do not have a business relationship with RF. I can only conclude that you perceive an opportunity to further your own interests at the expense of others.

If nothing else, this post highlights the necessity of a solid non-disclosure agreement whenever business entities enter into negotiations that may be considered sensitive. Without an NDA, you leave yourself open to bottom-feeding scumbags who may chose to publicize your business discussions in a manner that directs business away from you and to the unscrupulous party.

Until you give me your real name I will refer to you as a foaming pipe snake.

This is a sad, sad day when our forum is abused in such an underhanded manner to the detriment of one of its founding members and one of its most ardent supporters and contributors.

I believe a smart Moderator will delete this thread before it turns
into WW111, as it has no value to the good of the forum.

Obviously completely off topic and nothing to do with either the facts or context of the above... but an otherwise example of a "feasible and well structured business proposal" - here, image 5.

It seemed like such a nice game, more care with the invitations perhaps...

Tim.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Mark, well said.

Mr. "Auto Futura Management" (who-ever you are) : BIG MISTAKE - you just shot yourself in both feet !

Unfortunately for you, the vast majority of Forum members (owners and potential buyers) are mature & ethical guys who have been around the block a couple of times - the potential buyers' reaction to your self-serving "announcement" will be to vote with their wallets - who would want to do business with a company that has no regard for ethical behaviour ?

You shouldn't need an NDA to constrain you - a hint of ethics (not to mention a bit of plain common sense) would tell anyone in your position to keep the information confidential unless agreed to by BOTH parties.

If any of your suppliers have read your post, they must also be wondering what sort of "Gordon Gekkos" they have been dealing with (if they don't already know) - good luck with your credit rating !

Very silly move.

Regards,

Peter D.

Well said Mark and Peter. I think Robert may have escaped what was known in the wild west as an ambush. I have found in business that if you are dealing with someone with ethics and integrity a non disclosure agreement is not required. Regards

HILLY

Supporter
I was gearing up to have a say until I got to Mark and Peter’s posts. You did not miss a single thing guys…well said. The oxygen thief’s of the world will continue to bring themselves undone every time and after the initial frustration it is always a pleasure to see the roundabout do the full circle.
I always stand by the philosophy that the amount of shit that you receive is proportional to how much better you are than the one throwing the shit. There probably is not a better example than this thread. What is also a shame is the depths that the forum has recently stooped to because of a few small individuals.

I think Roberts "dilemma" is that he probably has plenty of orders!
The RF is an excellent and well repected product (no I don't have one, although I have met Robert) and I think he may be looking to fulfil orders quicker (IMHO)
Anybody who produces a product as good as RF (or CAV come to that) deserves our support and respect, and a post like this just serves to undermine respect for Auto Futura (and will bolster support for RF)

Simon

D

DavidTC

At the end of the day business is business. These companies have to be profitable so their employees can be paid. Despite warm words the companies only exist of people are placing orders and are satisfied that value for money is being provided.
I am surprised by the tone of the intemperate language which creates heat but not light. There is almost certainly two sides to every story so lets calm down.I agree with Peter and Simon ranting responses dont't do the forum any good in the long term.
David

David

I agree that equally squalid responses to AF serve little purpose. But the fact remains the posting AF made is one of the most un-professional announcements by a business I have ever seen. It can cost a business a lot of currency...both monetary and respect. IMHO a public apology by AF (signed by a real name) is in order.

MikeD

Once again the forum is out of control with rude and unnessary comments. I am sure there is far more to this story than we are prevy to. And comments posted are suprisingly unprofessional. When I joined this forum I was hoping to get valuable information concerning the building and enjoyment of the GT40. Not these school boy comments.
I have a question to all of you that wants to throw AF under the bus. Did you attack Caroll Shelby when he forced the original CAV into bankruptcy because of the dollar rand exchange rate change?
I think not!
And last lets try to remember these companys are building the car we enjoy so much. We need to support ALL of them!!!
My 2 cents.

Ken J

Keith

Yeah well I don't agree the forum is "out of control". It's a free forum and people post what they like and it's up to us to disseminate that information and react as we personally see fit.

Ain't freedom great! (Enjoy it while we still can) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
So... let's all try to remember that this tread is on the all GT40 page. I have always thought that this page was for announcements of a general nature concerning the world of GT40's that aren't better posted on the other pages.

I think therefor that this thread is properly placed. Now as to the language. I assume that minors are not buying and building GT40's. This leaves minors who might have a interest in GT40's. For them I would like to remind everyone that Henry Ford pretty much said " Oh ya well fuck you too Enzo! " And thus GT40's were born.

Come on, a minor amount of excitement expressed in language that is on TV nightly isn't all that big a deal is it?... really? What is a big deal is that something seams to have disturbed the force in the GT40 world. I hope all comes out well but....... We'll see I guess.

By the way the CAV's and RF's are two very nicely done cars. AND I'll add another plug for real names for us all along with basic locations.

Howard Jones
California USA

Having seen Ron's latest post, at least the original AF post, however unprofessional, appears to have been a catalyst to get the RF situation out in the open, something very necessary to anyone with a financial interest in an RF kit.

The very best to all involved.

Rob

Back