Donations for Roaring Fourties Legal Fees

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Many forum members have requested a doantion fund to be set up to help with legal fee's to aid in the recovery of deposits from the now failed Roaring Forties Company. Ron has contributed to the Gt 40 community for many years. It is time we the forum members help him. Ron.. Please post when you have this account set up so we can write you a check..I know you already have spent a small fortune and a huge amount of time with this issue. Remember these donations are Tax deductible.
Memebers Please post to this thread by simply saying "IM IN" Or send him a PM of your support.

Regards

Oliver

Ron Earp

Admin
Well, since I'm spearheading the legal organization of people to get to the bottom of this I could essentially channel the money for this type of thing too, if people want. A third party could also do it and then forward the money to me if they like so that people feel comfortable I'm not running away with their cash.

Currently I have a fairly complete spreadsheet of all the affected owners who want to pursue action, their claims, and their contrabution to the legal fees. I could simply add all the folks here, and on this thread:

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/76668/an/0/page/0#76668

I could keep a total and then use it for fees if needed. It'd certainly be a nice thing, and, if the money wasn't used we could return it. I just don't know where all this will go and where it will lead.

If you guys want me to collect the money I've setup a [email protected] email address that can be used through PayPal. Just let me know if you want me to activate it, and of course, we could also do checks too.

Thanks much for all the help, maybe some answers will be forthcoming but I'm just not that confident.

Best,
Ron

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ron, please go ahead & activate the PayPal setup. I don't see the need to involve a third party, so if you are willing to take on yet another role - thank you !

I would be happy for you to take control of the funds & allocate them to legal fees as a 1st priority, but if that ends up going nowhere, (and there is anything left) then to allocate them pro-rata to the RF customers who are out of pocket.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ron Earp

Admin
It is active and it will be kept seperate. I've more very interesting info from our attorney I'm looking for clearance to post.

Ron

Ron:

I'm in...as long as you are still on Loch Pointe Dr where I'll be sending the check because I'm to "computer challenged" to try Pay Pal.

Using the word 'fortunate' in this situation is awkward, but I think that all of the forum members believe that our RF Mates are extremely fortunate to have you as the acting administrator and point man on their behalf. I wish you all the good luck that is out there.

Regards,

Buzz

PS: and yes, I expect to be off to my third Cannonball in about six weeks.

Ron Earp

Admin
The Paypal address is active and my address is:

Ron Earp
132 Loch Pointe Drive
Cary NC 27511

I imagine that we'll end up returning the monies as it might be hard to raise enough betweem the continuning members and here, but we can see.

Thanks much,
Ron

Keith

Hey RF guys, please don't think me a cheapskate but Paypal for some reason will only let me send $8.62 in cash. If you were selling stuff on EBay, however, I can send thousands! Anyway, I've taken the plunge and sent all $8.62 of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifYeah I know it ain't much but call it symbolic 'cos I am really pissed at what's going on.

Just hope it wasn't planned. Good luck guys - go get 'em. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

I'm in.

This situation is really troubling. My heart truly goes out to those that had deposits on file, and it is my hope that the RF group finds a way to refund all, if not at least some, of the monies deposited.

I think too it's time to appreciate and support reliable and dependable sources, in random order:

1. Andy Edwards at Tornado - whose vehicle was the basis of the RF40. Tornado has always been upfront and honest with any and all dealings I've had with them.

2. Chris Martino/MDA

3. Fran Hall at RCR - A US-based manufacturer offering some innovative and great looking products.

4. Superformance

5. ERA

If I forgot anybody, sorry - these are the folks I'm familiar with.

Let's hope that these sources and other reliable firms take up the challenge and continue to provide us GT40 fans some viable options to buy/build/drive our dream.

Good luck to all effected by the RF collapse. I hope you can recover your assets.

I urge others on this board to donate to this fund.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
You forgot Peter Ransom at GT40 Australia.(DRB). A stand up guy and the exchange rate is still pretty good.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back