Current State of the Forum

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

Over the last few weeks I've noticed a general degradation of posts, particularly dealing with the demise of Roaring Forties. While I think the topic should be discussed, the posts should keep to the facts with no name calling, insults, insinuation, or other behavior not fitting of a group of intelligent enthusiasts. I'll be posting factual information I receive from the attorney and I think others should post on the matter too, as long as it is factual or reasonably well-known. Half truths or accusations are not welcome.

The RF saga is long from over and I doubt we'll ever know all the truth, but, sometime in the coming weeks I'll assemble all the threads and compile them so that they'll be in one place. Might come in handy, one never knows. And, with good folks still posting on it and emailing me info, as well as good factual discussion about it on the forum, maybe we'll figure it out.

www.gt40.com was started by enthusiasts for folks to share their passion for GT40s and exchange ideas. It is not a place to air personal difficulties. Despite all issues as of late, www.gt40s.com will continue, grow and prosper with the devoted membership we have here. We've a great group of people dedicated to making this one of the best car enthusiasts sites on the net. Let's keep it that way.

Comments welcome.

Best,
Ron

[ QUOTE ]
was started by enthusiasts for folks to share their passion for GT40s and exchange ideas. It is not a place to air personal difficulties.

[/ QUOTE ]
hear hear

Jesus, what is it with you guys?
Is it personal dig at Simon week?
I have explained myself fully to you in my emails/pm's if you'd like to meet me or call me up and call me a liar TO MY FACE, please do so.
Am I required to go through the whole thing again publicly on the forum?
May I remind you who started this? IT WASN'T ME!!!!!

Keith

[ QUOTE ]
www.gt40.com was started by enthusiasts for folks to share their passion for GT40s and exchange ideas. It is not a place to air personal difficulties.

Well that didn't last long did it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry Simon, but I coudn't resist it. I have PM'd you, and I think we will agree to differ. I struggle with the idea of anyone having two IDs on this forum for the reasons I have given.

Best regards.

Rob

I've had enough of this.

Ron, please feel free to remove ALL my posts and my ID's from the forum, I've had it with the pettyness and backbiting here.

I must apologise to the forum members in the US, 'cause I don't want to tar them with the same brush (I've had nothing but good experiences with contacting you guys) but the underhanded comments and childish behaviour of some of the guys in the UK (with some notable exeptions) has really p***ed me off.
The whole experience has put me off owning another GT40 replica, my favourite car in the whole world has been sullied by these people.
I won't be posting on this forum anymore (I think thats what these people were after in the first place) so don't bother replying to my post or PM'ing me.
Should anyone want to contact me ('be nice to have an apology, but I'm not holding my breath)they can get in touch with me at [email protected]
There you go guys...happy now?

Simon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I was just about to say -- why not create a thread or two that deals stricly with all the "crap" associated with RF. It will probably keep the current threads pointed in the correct direction.

In addition, those of us who are unaffected by it can go to one central place and read about it (or not).

[ QUOTE ]
I have explained myself fully to you in my emails/pm's if you'd like to meet me or call me up and call me a liar TO MY FACE, please do so.
Am I required to go through the whole thing again publicly on the forum?
May I remind you who started this? IT WASN'T ME!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Simon,
I have been watching this from afar and was tempted to chime in and ask if it was you on the the Cars Wanted section. I myself, like Rob am confused at why you would want to use two IDs. I would personally just like to know why. That's all.

In the past you have made no secret of you buying and selling your GT40s on (hence your thread on how many have left the UK). In total I personally count 5: 1 KVA kit, 3 complete GTDs and now the GTD hybrid chassis on eBay. I just find it hard to understand. You seemed really chuffed with the latest purchase, which would allow you to build almost from the ground up the car which didn't have any niggles like the cars that were already built. I mean its your personal choice to sell on, but only recently you were asking me about were I am getting parts for my GTD and even bidding agaoinst me for a windscreen on eBay. Like I saaid at the beginning, just curious, no name calling.

Brett

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Brett,
I think Simon has gone off/away from the forum.
I just had a courteous exchange of emails and I wish him well with his ebay trading.
Dave M

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Wow! I and the guy to the left had nothing to do with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
That is because you avitor is not as smart as the one above you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamer.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Nothing like a good old fashioned dummy spit to liven up the day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
Oliver is that you or an early photo of Robert Redford? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

HILLY

Supporter
I can't wait for the reply on this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif3
Talk about name calling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back