Help with Shipping from USA

Hi all,

As a newbie, a word of introduction first. I've been reading this forum about since placing my deposit for a DRB GT40 in Nov 05. But until now, haven't felt the need to post. Anyways, I've been busy gathering parts for when the chassis/body is due to arrive in June/July. Can't wait, although I would like to sell my existing car first to help pay for it all... Either way, should be a hopefully fun experience building and racing a GT40.

I've run into a snag trying to get corvette front suspension A arms, as is used by DRB chassis. I've found a supplier in USA who has the four A arms at a reasonable price, but will only ship to a mainland US address. So what I'm asking, is there anyone who would be prepared to recieve the box of arms and re-post on to me here in Australia? It's a favour I know, so am of course prepared to help out any way I can from my end with returning favours.

Thanks,

Julian

Julian,
Let me know what you need. Do you have a shippper to AU? It would be cheaper if you find someone on the west coast. Baring that I could be your spot(Atlanta, Ga.). Russ Noble knows a shipper as he and I are trying to do a transmission shipment if all the side issues on my end get worked out.
BTW did the arms come from a bone yard or is it from a resupplier? Mine are a little banged up, so I may be interested in a set myself down the road.
Bill

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Julian, Welcome to the forum. I can help if need be. Just let me know. I too am on the East Coast. Best Gregg

Julian

I recently shipped a set of arms to Dave Stean in OZ.
Cost via US Postal Service ground was around $ 75 with (8) week delivery. They did arrive successfully.

UPS and Fed don't offer ground...so cost was a LOT higher
I'll check but I think around $ 300 ? Arrive in 2 weeks.
Where is the US vendor located?
Regards

MikeD

Thanks for the offers guys.

Mike - I know full well that you sent Dave some bits - the spare sent of uprights you sent are mine now! So much thanks for your help there. These arms are located in Virginia Beach, VA, but unfortunately my US geography is a little hazy despite all the films and TV that seems to make it's way around the world from the US! Send me an email if you'd be prepared to perhaps do the same thing again (send to Dave, same method etc). I can get my potential supplier to send to you easy enough I believe.

Thanks,

Julian

Julian

No problem. Virginia is pretty close to me, so UPS from your vendor shouldn't be bad. I'll send you an e-mail.
Regards

Mike

Back