Interesting video includes GT40

Keith

Well, that's certainly Chris Notley on the video and i think the car may have been 1 of 6 built by RML (Ray Mallock Ltd) These are amongst the most desirable of replicas (IMHO) because Ray is somewhat of a race car engineering genius and still produces many winning race cars especially GT's. About 1 year ago I enquired after this particular car and I believe it may be for sale (or may have been) or it may be a sister car. Either way, they're expensive and rare and I may still have his email address if you PM me . I have some nice pics of the yellow car also if you would like them.

I think he does watch this forum as well so he may well answer for himself. Regards, Keith

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi John, Keith

Thanks for posting the link John, great video! I agree with you Keith, Ray Mallock set the bar for tube chassis GT40 replicas over a dozen years ago. The genius must run in the family as his father Arther built cars that can run with the best of them even today.

When I met Ray he was in the depths of the GT40 program, having some time on his hands after Ford paid him out of Aston Martin Group C program. He always wanted to build a supercar - and he did!

The RML GT40s were untouchable on the track back then, not surprisingly quite a bit learned from the GT40 was applied to designing the Saleen S7 for Steve Saleen...

Anyways, I wanted to bring the RMLs to Canada ans as it turned out there was no way to bring the cars in for road use... great cars non the less.

Cheers

Back