GT40 with Ferrari pictures

Snapped a few pictures this past weekend. A friend who is the harbormaster at one of the marinas called and said the South Central Region Ferrari club was having a get together on Sunday. Naturally I wanted to check it out. They invited me to park the GT with them. There were about 40 cars there. Met some really nice people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Simon

Attachments

• 79727-IMG_0108.jpg
    79727-IMG_0108.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 420

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Why is that gt40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamed.gifin a junk yard? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Don't look like junk to me....maybe you need your eyes examined. One of them looks like an F40- give any GT40 a run for its' money.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Certainly not junk Jim, beautiful cars all. Don't rise to Ollie's bait. Its not worth the effort. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

Exotic car guys love their cars and love driving them.
A GT40 in the mix makes everyone Sunday drive more interesting.

Attachments

• 80047-Gt40andfcars.jpg
    80047-Gt40andfcars.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 396
Even John Wire liked a variation in manufacturers.…

Attachments

• 80052-i-8_B.jpg
    80052-i-8_B.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 364

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I like that photo with the mountains in it, I think those are a 360 and a Maranello, maybe? The best ride I ever had in any car was in a Ferrari- a 288GTO. At a hundred, it would spin the wheels if you floored it in fifth. Hope 1149 is as quick.

D

DavidTC

Jim
For its time the 288 GTO was an awesome car, although no real competition for its succesor the F 40. They still go for serious money since so few were built, (approx 400), about a third of the eventual production of the F 40; which nonetheless also still goes for serious money.
Not many people have driven a 288 so you are in select company.
Regards
David

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I could not believe they got all that power out of 2.9 liters. 400hp. 140hp/liter? Amazing. And the sound that it made. Basically the engine is a 308 block, I think. If I could own any Ferrari, it would be a 275GTS or a 288GTO. There was an interview in SCM not long ago with a guy who owns several high-end Ferraris, inc an F40 and a 288, and a few others, and he said that the 288 wasn't quite the fastest, but it was the one he drove the most often- it was the most driveable, AND the most fun.
The 288 I was in belongs to a collection that also owns GT40 1072 and a Daytona Spider. Some people know how to live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Keith

Well I'm building a 288 GT0 right now..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 80175-ferrari_288gto_evolzone_competition.jpeg.jpg
    80175-ferrari_288gto_evolzone_competition.jpeg.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 394
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm building a 288 GT0 right now..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Keith, You must mean you are re-building a 288 GTO... Looks like it got hit by a steam roller! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back