Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I give up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoke.gif

Smoking, I hope...

Malcolm

Supporter
Who says you can't express feelings and moods with the internet/email?

On my first car build I just locked the garage up for 3 months and went and did something else. Just factor in a delay instead of giving up?

Oh, just a general feeling of frustration with things à la GT-40... this is what happens when you try to do it from scratch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
With so many vendors selling parts I would think it'd be a lot easier these days than say, five years or more ago. Everything is available now, however, not cheaply. Chassis can be sourced, body sourced, uprights, arms, what more do you need? Unless you mean from scratch like building and laying up your own stuff, well, then you'll get frustrated and spend a lot too!

Ron

Hey if you think doing a GT40 build from scratch is painful try doing a Lola T70. I thinks its harder now than 5 years ago if your trying to scratchbuild and use or integrate original bits and pieces, the value of such parts as rocketed. I think the internet has played its part in that its easier to get an idea of the value of items, so bargains are harder to come by.
All I want are some decent drawings of the chassis tub with a few dimensions on?? not much hope of that........

Never Surrender

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Rick, perhaps you will feel more hopeful after you've seen my car. At least you'll have a fresh memory of what you're working towards (or beyond). Don't lose hope now, otherwise I won't have anyone to race! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark

Back