Who Makes Spyders

Which manufactuars make a spyder version? By the looks of the Carlisle photos ERA makes one. I know a couple of years back CAV used to advertise them but I haven't seen anything in some time. Does RCR have plans for a spyder version, I hope so?

Theon Karabatsos

theon said:
Which manufactuars make a spyder version? By the looks of the Carlisle photos ERA makes one. I know a couple of years back CAV used to advertise them but I haven't seen anything in some time. Does RCR have plans for a spyder version, I hope so?

Theon Karabatsos
Hi Theon. CAV built, I think, 4 of them. I own the last one available. It's a yellow spyder with black leather, wide rear fenders, BRM wheels, and currently has no top or a/c which we have both available for $2500 each. Easily installed, it comes complete with bundle of snakes stainless exhaust and other cav fittings, hand book, MSO. ect. Ready to drop in a smallblock 351/427 or 302/347. & ZF trans. $59,500 I will send you photos if interested. Cheers, Roy Sayles. 619 708 3180. www.vipclassics.com.

Last edited:
Sir Lawrence / I worked for Chuck Beck......and

theon said:

Theon Karabatsos
a few yaers ago ....He kinda wanted to move on to the Lister corvette an the 904 cars .
BECK DEVELOPMENT was still offering the 550 and his son , Randy and some group out of state sorta took over ( Randy is here here in Lost Angeles )
His 550 was by far the best replica and the most beautiful spyder you could get your hands on
I have not seen him for a while but ,I think he had some contact info on the Monterey historics race last year ..........good luck ?
Sir Lawrence

Back