John Horsman's book "Racing in the Rain"

I just talked with John Horsman, John Wyer's assistant at JW Automotive. His new book, "Racing in the Rain" is scheduled to be ready by August for introduction in time for Monterey.

Thanks for the post, that's the first I heard of the book.

The full title is "Racing in the Rain : engineering victories with Aston Martin, GT40 & Porsche 917 ". It sounds like it might be an interesting book.

I can find several book stores in the UK that have it listed (at £29.99 or less), but it's not yet listed with anyone in the US.

Somewhat off-topic, but has anyone heard anything about the book on the GT40 program that Carrol Smith was working on before he passed away? I remember reading here that Carrol had made a lot of progress and that someone else was going to try to finish it.

Have just been given "Racing in the Rain".

It is superb!

Although covering John Horsmans career, of the 416 pages, the Porsche era starts on page 195, so there is plenty for the GT40 man.

The detail in the book is astonishing - Coolant temperatures - Cds of differet body designs - Gear ratios, etc, etc, but a very "human" book.

Just the thing for a GT40 anorak!!

Written by someone who was actually there!!

I can't put it down.

Thoroughly recommended.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
My wife just bought this book on CD so I can listen to it on my trip from CA to AR. Can't wait to hear it.

Back