CAV Registry - Come Sign Up

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
At the suggestion of Monsieur Earp, starting a new thread here inviting CAV owners to provide data for putting together the registry. Please include: full name, CAV chassis number, color, engine/trans spec, location, primary email address, secondary email address.

I'll assemble the data into a data file which can be updated and made available here for CAV-relevant dissemination of information. National meet up and track day perhaps???

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Pat Buckley

Red/white stripes

331 Ford Keith Craft - RBT 5 speed

Sacramento CA

patbuckley at sbcglobal.net

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Cliff,

This is a very good idea for ALL the owners of all makes of GT40s. My only comment is that exact address and telephone number may not be safe information for a totally public website. Note the warning on Frapper! that exact locations should not I would not be used. I suggest that a minimum list include categories for name, email address, make of car, CLOSEST BIG CITY, and state. Email can be used for all contacts and notifications. Other information can be provided between owners on a one to one basis. It should be the same bang for the buck with less risk.

A “search” function could be added that just complies a list for any of the requested parameters. A forum member might search for something like all “CAV” owners as recently suggested, or search for all GT40 owners near “London” that they might like to visit on a trip, etc. I think this would be very useful and would promote a lot of positive interaction. Each forum member could leave any category blank if they did not want that specific information to be public, but they would be left out of some searches.

Finally I will ship my car anywhere in the United States if a big annual event for all GT40s can be arranged. What a fantastic event that would be!!

Bob

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
bchildress said:
Hi Cliff,

This is a very good idea for ALL the owners of all makes of GT40s. My only comment is that exact address and telephone number may not be safe information for a totally public website. Note the warning on Frapper! that exact locations should not I would not be used. I suggest that a minimum list include categories for name, email address, make of car, CLOSEST BIG CITY, and state. Email can be used for all contacts and notifications. Other information can be provided between owners on a one to one basis. It should be the same bang for the buck with less risk.

A “search” function could be added that just complies a list for any of the requested parameters. A forum member might search for something like all “CAV” owners as recently suggested, or search for all GT40 owners near “London” that they might like to visit on a trip, etc. I think this would be very useful and would promote a lot of positive interaction. Each forum member could leave any category blank if they did not want that specific information to be public, but they would be left out of some searches.

Finally I will ship my car anywhere in the United States if a big annual event for all GT40s can be arranged. What a fantastic event that would be!!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, completely agree. That's why I didn't ask for a physical mailing address or telephone number. Take a look above.

There's a complex set of laws governing data privacy in the US (and even more complex on an international basis). I'm quite familiar with these laws so I think I can navigate an efficient path here which respects the privacy of the individual, their desire to participate in a group dissemination of data, and accomplishes the usual goals of an automotive registry. Not to worry - thanks!

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Cliff Beer,
Seattle, Washington,
CAV Mono #8,
Blue,
302/Audi
[email protected]

OK, that's four or five so far - let's see if we can round out the chassis numbering list with some more folks!

561234 said:
David Briggs
Ramona, CA
Mono #56, Silver Poly, no stripes
SVO 347 w/RBT
Here is another one .
Joe Wirt
CAV mono #90
Viper racing yellow with black stripes - " special order color and paint"
Rousch 342 engine with weber induction, electric water pump, Getrag AAZ 016 transaxle . I installed the engine and drive train also modified the fuel delivery system.
Simi Valley, california, U.S.A.
[email protected]

Stephen Robertson
Capetown,South Africa
CAV Mono 109,
Blue White stripes,
302 c/w trickflow alu heads and modified Getrag with porsche 944t gearing

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
OK, so that's 9 CAVs so far.....

Does anyone know exactly how many CAVs are in existence?

Still a bunch to go here.....

CAV registry

CAV#66 Mono, Red, Gulf flairs with 15"X12" BRM's on the rear and 15"X8" on the fronts. Working on some chassis upgrades for the past year. Almost finished. The engine is a Dart winsor stroked to 7.0L and fuelinjected.
Transaxle is RBT ZF.
Las Vegas, NV

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
For those not wishing to post their email address here on the forum, please send it along to me privately here (along with ref to your CAV data). Email address will be the main contact point for dissemination of CAV related information typical of a registry - such things as any meeting dates, etc. Obviously, it goes without saying that email addresses will only be used for the very limited purposes normal for a registry. Thanks.

S H SYED
Brsitol U.K
CAV 51 just road registered
Blue awaiting white double stripes
Ford 302 SBF 400 Dynoed flywheel horsepower built by Dave Milsom
Renault 21t with quaiffe diff and right hand gearshift installed by Wealden engineering.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Ian Clark
CAV #91, In build
Ford Racing 347, 48IDA Webers
ZF 5DS 25, BRM Wheels 15x8 15x12
LHD, A/C, Smiths Gauges, Leather Upholstery
ALL Cav Canada Upgrades
Paint as per s/n 1051

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
OK, let's keep it going here. All you CAV owners come and share some information (no personal information is necessary if you don't want to share it). This data will get rolled up into a comprehensive GT40 register as well (anonymized).

Angelo Paletta
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CAV #47 GULF 1075 #6 Livery
392 Stroker
48 IDA Webers
5 spd ZF
Wide track, ALL CDN upgrades

This past Sunday sunrise CAV 106 tangled with 4 eager Porsches and BMW M3. 50 to 250kmh sprints and only the 993 twinturbo and GT3RS came within 10 carlengths.

I'm in.

Johann Hamm
106 factory built, AC, Leather etc
408W Dart by Steve Schmidt, Holley
RBT 5 spd. 3,2CWP
17" Halibrands
Gulfblue with wimbledon stripes.

"The Reef", SA

Back