Anyone bought the DVD "Ford GT40 - The Story"

Yep, I brought it a year or so ago.

It is a good watch, but not something I watch over & over.
You get far more info from the various books out there (e.g. the ford that beat ferrari).

What else do you want to know about it ?

Cheers,
John.

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
Just wanted to know if it was "real" and worth adding to the collection. Thanks for the confirmation.

BTW, I see that "Grand Prix" is going to be available soon on DVD.

John

I just watched "Ford Wins the 1966-1967 LeMans" video last night (again). That is a pretty good one. Silverado Productions F07.

Not too much detail on the cars, but some great racing footage.

Mike

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I got it about a year ago...... looked in horror as the opening credits included some slot car 'scalextrix' cars and I thought Oh no what have I bought here.

However there is a brief history of the GT40 development with some vintage footage including a full lap of goodwood while testing the car for the 65 le mans (i think). Then it shows an original GT40 with owners wife driving around and finally Tiff Nedel, le mans driver and auto journalist, test drives the Mk III and Mk I which are still owned by ford. I've watched it a few times but I agree with John, much more info in 'Ford that beat ....' book.

Glad I've got it though.

Doc Watson

cribbj said:
Has anyone bought this DVD? Looks interesting from the very brief description on amazon.com, but can't find any references to it in IMDb. Also it's a 4-6 week delivery (vaporware?).

My wife got me one through the company last Christmas (see working for Blue Oval does have some perks). However, I'd also like to point out that GT40 Enthusiast CLub Members get a discount on this from Duke. Details are in the club magazine.

Brett

Back