Wifes and GT40S

I haven't purchased my car yet, but my significant other fully intends to campaign the aswell as me.

I just hope she doesn't end up to be quicker up Shelsley Walsh than I am!

LOL to this thread , I had to chime in,,,mine said recently"you really dont expect me to go very many places with you considering how hard it is to get in and out do you ?",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I was speechless :-O

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I guess that I am also one of the lucky ones !! Wife has been for a couple of short drives & has announced that it makes her feel claustrophobic - "like driving around in a coffin" !!

The last nail went in the "coffin" when I pointed out the storage situation - Me : "Luggage will be restricted to a couple of G-strings & your credit card". Answer : "In your dreams" !

So I guess that I am going to be left alone to drive - could be worse !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Guess I've got a keeper - my wife llke to drive the gt40 and my other sports cars. She says the gt40 doesn't muck up her hair as much as the convert ferrari - no mention of performance or engines/mechanical stuff but I guess women just measure things differently....

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Pete - it looks like you may be in the same lucky category as me - left alone to play !!

Cliff - you need to adjust the ventilation so that hair-do's get really messed around - then you'll also be left alone to play !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Not married yet ( that ends in november) but I am making sure that the fiance is on the same page with the GT thing. And thanks to Howard she got her first ride in one. She came back with a big grin with a definate "yes" to the plans to build one some day. But this is the same woman that let me recently buy a Saleen S281SC Convertable as a "practical" family car to replace the Spec Miata. LOL

Thanks for the replys, I am quite lucky to have a woman who appreciates the 40.....to the extent that she told me that I couldnt paint it Gulf colours because its a "family car".......wow I am good salesman! So I comprimised with some racing stripes.

Any woman who will drive the 40 hats off!

My wife asked if I was planning to "LET" her ride in it. She loved riding in the Lotus Esprit years ago, but kept complaining that it sat tooo low. You just can't please them!!! It's all in the way they say it.....

Bill

My latest bird asked me if she can drive it - I'd love her to i said.

(Means I can do a trackday, then go the pub and be chauffered home)
Dream, dream, dream.....

The price was a shocker at first.
But it became as much her project as mine as we worked on it every spare minute. There is now an appreciation for machinery (Bridgeport + lathe), all kinds of handtools, fiberglass, paint......and sanding. Lots of sanding.
How lucky can a guy be?

She loves riding in it and doesn't miss too many outings. It took awhile to get her to drive it, but she was easily into triple digits to "see what it felt like". I had a hard time getting her out of the drivers seat and back into the passenger seat.

srobertson said:
T.....to the extent that she told me that I couldnt paint it Gulf colours because its a "family car".......

Mine is adamant that it be painted Gulf colors, she loves them. In fact, I have tried to get her to consider other colors and she will not budge. Oh well!

I think once she see's how hard it is to get in and out she will not be too thrilled. , but we'll see...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I don't have either right now, but if I make that mistake, I'm going to make sure my 40 has a roll cage. I might even pay Fran extra to put in a side bar--"It's a safety issue, dear!".

When I explain what that Ford F350's front bumper would do to her hairdo, she won't even want to ride in it.

If that doesn't work, I'll make her a deal--I won't try to stuff myself into her shoes if she doesn't try to stuff herself into my 40.

At least that's the way it works in my dreams!

Doug

Last edited:
Back