Another Mono

Chris Kouba

Supporter
I hope this isn't stepping on anyone's toes but it was posted on the internet so I figured it's safe to point people at it.

Does anyone know this car? Looks like a home built mono. I haven't seen much about it before on the forum but it looks pretty impressive!

Who is it?

Yes, I know this car. He is a close friend of Fran Hall. I got to see this chassis when I went to see my car being built last October. Fabulous job. He has been working on this since 1997. Everything has been hand made. He has modifed the chassis to accomodate his 6'6" height. I think I drooled all over his floor.

Not only is his chassis awesome, but so is his work garage.

Bill D

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
WOW! That is one of the most impressive constructions I've ever seen. I look at photos like that and can't help but think there must be a very interesting story behind someone who has the drive, skill and motivation to create such a masterpiece. I am humbled (yet again). Thanks for pointing it out Chris.

The more I see of these cars, especially when one appears to be an accurate reproduction, the more I am reminded of small aircraft design and construction. Hmmmm......................
S

Last edited:

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Ditto. An absolute delight to see a maestro's creation such as this - as much art as engineering and fabrication excellence. Love to see the car as it nears completion and on-the-road testing. Love it.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its still being worked on and wears a set of yellow RCR bodypanels....

Its a great piece of work but just like the rest of us loons he is already planning another GT40 build.....this time RHD

Ron Earp

Admin
gt40fran said:
Ijust like the rest of us loons he is already planning another GT40 build.....this time RHD

It looks nice! Also appears he will correct the error he made on the first one and get the driving position correct! :)

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Jim is a good buddy of a few of my freinds. Unfortunately I still have not made it out to see his project, but they all have the same comments....the craftsmanship is superb. Quite an amazing piece of work. Every panel and substructure is hand made. I feel humbled and unmotivated by comparison.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Jim has been working on this for years; he has done an incredible job with this project, working all on his own- I have seen it grow from wooden patterns etc to its present awesome state. He is a true artist.

I've been out to his shop also. I think we would all die for his shop and equipment. He has the biggest sheet metal brake I've ever seen! The barn is huge and the kind of place we would all love to hang out at, have a few beers and do some "bench racing".

Back