Recent ERA builds

I am going to start a ERA build sometime this spring. I would appreciate a list of resource people for advice and construction hints. Thanks Jim

Ron Earp

Admin
Add a build thread in the Builder's Forum when you do. That'd be a good resource for others as well. I don't recall seeing an ERA build thread but you might have a look there and see.

Ron

fearsom:

I'm in the final stages of my second ERAGT build and would be more than happy to try and "consult" with you. The two biggest decisions that you need to make are paint and engine. Everything else is pretty straightforward, provided you don't veer away from ERA's basic engineering.

Where do you live and how much are you going to have ERA do for you?

Jim

i'm one behind Jim. Register in CT May 2006. Teddy will become your best buddy.
Where you located?
One of the best investments will be a digital camera. When you get into trouble you email a picture of the problem. Priceless
I also live close to ERA. I would take endless pictures of there cars and use it as a guideline for my build.

Lloyd

I recently finished my ERA build, after more years than I care to tell you. If I can give you any advice, and glad to do so. Feel free to e-mail me at any time.

Michael

Thanks guys for responding to my post. I have not seen many people post on ERA cars. I am in California and this will be my third build. My last car was a Kirkham 427 SC built from the ground up without any manuals or instructions. Kirkham was originally going to do a fiberglass kit project then abandoned it. So instead I got an aluminum body and 22 boxes of pieces. I have really enjoyed the process. Since I am next in line for the ERA car I'm going to have to make some choices soon on any options I want to put on the car. What options did you guys pick up from ERA. I will do the entire build myself. I will definitely go with the Mark 1. I have seen several people talk about flares but I have not seen any good photos to tell the difference between regular and the 1075. Since my last car has a monster motor I will probably go with a 302 fuel injected. Are there any other things that you wish you would have got or things that you really didn't need and bought. Thank you very much for your effort I really appreciate your help. Sincerely Jim Fletcher [email protected]

Last edited:
fearsom:

Here is a brief list of where I am with respect to ERA options:

1075 flares
1075 exterior door handles (completed by body shop)
1075 bar in nose
roll bar
AC/heater
Right hand drive
powder coated chassis
ceramic coated uprights and suspension, etc.
Smith gauges
seats set up for 5 pt harness
catch cans
front radiator tubes

Wheels: 15x10" front and 15x14" rear BRM mag

Engine: bored and stroked 302 Dart block with GW heads/Webers
Note the Dart block requires a custom oil pan due to the four bolt mains on all five mains. I would seriously look at the new Ford "Boss" block if I were to do it again

Trans: ZF of course.

If you check out the pictures of the various customer cars on ERA's website, you should be able to distinguish between the cars with the 1075 flares and those without. Whether or not you go with the flares is determined by how you think they look and, more pragmatically, the size of the tires and wheels that you want to run.

Jim

Last edited:
The new 302 Boss block from Ford has four bolt mains on the middle three mains and it's cheaper than the Dart block by at least $500.00.

But, I'm into it and there is no turning back...

Jim

Fearsome, If you did a KMS car without assistance you'll be fine on the ERA. While I have never done one of their cars I have found over the years restoring original GT40 and Cobras the ERA guys are TOPS when it comes to customer service and support.

I am on my 4 ERA car (2 427 and 2 GT) and no complains. The last 3 are turnkeys from ERA. My car has the Gulf Fenders and radiator vent. It has 17" wheels with 13" power assisted brakes. The engine is a stroker SBF with a single 4V holley. Roll Bar and Right Hand Drive. No carpets and No air or heater. A very simple GT. Some day fuel injection.

Jimmy has directed to the ERA options. I hope you enjoy the built.

Dr Fletcher, I am just finishing up one here with all the tricks and goodies. Please feel free to give me a call at 520-494-2745.

Back