Finally

BruceB

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
I originally starting looking for a GT40 in 2003. Rick Chattell from Thruxton Sports Cars in the UK had responded to a post i had put on Gt40s.com looking to view a GT40. At the time he was just starting as the agent for Roaring Forties after the original CAV setup went belly up. After a lot of thought I placed an order for a Deluxe Kit with him and Roaring Forties. Unfortunately like a lot of people money was paid over but the car never appeared.
Rick with the help of Chris Melia (now RCR's European Distributor) and Fran Hall form RaceCarReplicas in the US very kindly provided a solution and i am now the very proud owner of a RCR GT40 Mk1.
I cannot thank Fran enough for putting up with the different requests etc during the build of the car and as busy as he is nothing ever seemed to be a problem (at least that was the impression I was given).Now I suppose my work starts now as as soon as my garage is finished which should be in about 4 weeks I intend to get stuck into the building of the car. I guess maybe fate has a part to play as it will definitely be a much easier car to put together and hopefully should speed up the build process.

Again a very big Thank you to Fran and all involved.;)

Also thank you to all at GT40s.com for the great work with the forum, it has been a great help on choosing different things for the car.

Attachments

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 672
  • PICT0225a.JPG
    PICT0225a.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 657
  • PICT0232a.JPG
    PICT0232a.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 649

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
I know the feeling, Bruce... I'll bet your cheeks still hurt from the grin that's been permanently plastered to your face for a while now, right?

From the looks of things, you've got a good head start with the doors mounted and handles installed. Like many on the forum, I look forward to watching the progress of your build.

Seriously, congratulations on the latest addition to your family!

Best,

T.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bruce....
thank you for the kind words....persistence like your deserves a happy ending..
At the end of the day we are all trying to have the car of our dreams and I really do get a big kick out of being able to deliver our products to make that a reality....
I have a couple of pics here that we took before your car and engine left the USA on its long journey to Ireland.
I hoep you dont mind me sharing with others on the forum.

Attachments

• 1(Small).jpg
    1(Small).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 630
  • 2 (Small).jpg
    2 (Small).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 622
  • 3 (Small).jpg
    3 (Small).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 608
  • pics assorted 082 (Small).jpg
    pics assorted 082 (Small).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 601
  • pics assorted 065 (Small).jpg
    pics assorted 065 (Small).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 588
Hi Bruce

although we haven't had a chance to meet, reading this post and seeing you stood next to your new RCR 40, has made all the efforts of everyone concerned in helping you guys caught up in the RF collapse, well worth while.
I know just how much money, some of you guys lost and to see your determination to own your dream car, has to be commended.

Fran and RCR also has to be commended for stepping up to the plate on this one, he put a lot of additional work into making it happen.

I am sure we are all keen to see these particular RCR 40's turned into complete vehicles and we follow with interest your coming build.

Regards

Chris Melia.

BruceB

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. I am still grinning and find it hard to believe the I have finally got the car.

Thanks Fran, still more presents:pepper:

My build unfortunately will not happen as quickly as I would like because a few others things will get in the way, but I will keep you all posted as I go along. I intend to build the car for road and track use and intend to compete mostly in hillclimbs and sprints.

Whaddya mean build....looks nearly finished to me!.....

Looks GREAT, every RCR car seems to be soooo nicely put together.

Simon

I am glad to see another RF person moving on with an RCR. Fran certainly deserves praise for stepping to the plate and helping those of us who lost money with RF get the car they want. I am sure you will be pleased with your RCR.

Good luck Bruce with the build. I am just starting on a build myself. As a matter of interest what fuel injection bodies and ECU are you using?

Regards Martin.

BruceB

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Martin please see details below, the engine was built by Keith Craft.

Ÿ Intake System Very Cool Parts Stack Injection System www.verycoolparts.com
Ÿ Computer System Fast Computer with Wiring Harness & Sensors www.fuelairspark.com

Stack system looks like a nice setup and is well made and the ecu software is straight forward with plenty of setup options. I have expierence of DTA and MBE management systems that I use on engines I build for rally cars etc but as Keith was building and dynoing the engine for me he recommended the above as he had used it on engines for Unique Performance. It was cheaper for me to get the complete engine in the US then to buy the parts and assemble and use a DTA and TBs from the UK or Ireland. V8's performance parts mostly come from the US anyway.

Back