How Many GT40's In California?

If you live in CA and are building/driving a GT40, please list your town, kit manufacturer (or original chassis #), and where you are in your build. Maybe we could do a CA GT40 party someday!!

I'll go first:
Camarillo
RCR GT40 MkI Gulf
Nearing completion. Going to paint February 24th.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I have the brother car to BillD's

RCR 11, Studio City, CA. Waiting for a few things from RCR, then plumbing, electrical, etc.

Also Bill, is the Frapper.com thing still working I think many folks had added themselves into that as well.

We should all hook up with Howard's crew in any case, a good bunch of folks show to that, and some very nice cars.

Sandy

My BEC (Bailey Edwards Cars) GT40 is chassis#3 and the only BEC GT40 in North America. It has been on the road since April of 2006. I live in San Diego.

Attachments

• GT40-10-04-06-176.gif
    GT40-10-04-06-176.gif
    140.1 KB · Views: 790
Larry and Sandy-
Do you plan to drive to Howard's party this year? I plan to if I get my car back from the painter and re-assembled in time. We could caravan north. What a sight that would be!!!!

I'd certainly consider caravaning north to Howard's party.

How about also considering the AHA event (The Association of Handcrafted Automobiles) at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park on April 28th/29th? That would be easy for us in Southern California and we could invite the Northern California guys.

Howard Jones

Supporter
We will be doing THE annual GT40 party again this year in the fall. I like to do a weekend after the heat of summer but before the rains come. Going for a dozen cars this year.

Of cource I will welcome anyone with a GT40 to attend. If towards the end of the summer it looks like there will be a few of you guys from out of town here I will start looking for garage space and such. I can put two other cars in my garage for the weekend along with mine. Not to worry we'll work it out.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I can only hope to be ready. I will likely be on a trailer (I'll unload around the block and say I made it...), I don't know how to get the 110 leaded along the way. Will have to see about the shag wagon and trailer with the fuel tanks :)

Knott's attending as well.

Hurry Fran :)

Sandy

bill,
as i eagerly wait for yours to crank up, i am also waiting for my RCR to arrive from MI. hopefully, i will have it sometime in Feb/Mar. not quite sure yet. am waiting on word of progress. will start a "build" site when it arrives. hope to have more info soon.
wes

Hi Guys,

New to the GT 40 community here.

Picked up my GT in Reno yesterday it is here in the garage in Alamo....East Bay of San Francisco. Engine and ZF to be installed ASAP -- hope to be on the road by late spring/early summer.

Hi Howard :):):):):)

Tony R.

Proud owner of an RCR. Car isn't running yet, but getting close. Live in Redding, CA, near Shasta Lake. Thanks, Vaughn

I am new to your GT40 forum and have read many interesting postings. I recently purchased a CAV #58MONO and it is currently being stored in Reno until the WSCB in May.

I also plan to attend the SAAC event in July @ Miller Motorsports Park. I am wondering if any of you California GT40 owners can recommend a storage facility for my vehicle in the northern California area for July through October....after the SAAC event.

I was hoping to leave the car in northern California and fly in to attend more car events during the summer before shipping the car home to Hawaii.

I just received my BEC Friday. Any words of wisdom on the assembly? I am located in Murrieta, ca, but the build will take place in Corona.

Attachments

• img141.jpg
    img141.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 373
  • img142.jpg
    img142.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 394
  • img145.jpg
    img145.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Just checking in with a GTD (Essex Wire) from the Monterey Bay Area, there is also a ERA, a Tornado and I've seen a CAV around here now and again.

Back