Please help! Need pictures of Midnight Blue GT

I’m desperately looking for some hi-res sunlit pictures of a Midnight Blue Ford GT. I have to pick a color for my SPF GT40 and it’s between the Ford Midnight Blue and Midnight Blue that is on the current. Porsches. Please Help

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Stunning color. You will NOT be disappointed.

Attachments

• FordGTBlue.jpg
    FordGTBlue.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 872

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Unless it's this color, and then again, maybe you would be disappointed...

Attachments

• ford gt.jpg
    ford gt.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 857
I think the second one is the "Stock" if you can call it that Midnight Blue color. The first one looks like it might be a "Show Only" color but I know this blue changes a lot based on lighting. I don't think I would be disappointed with either. If there are more pictures out there please share them. How about someone that has one of these beauties? I’m sure no one on this forum will ever tire of looking a more pictures. Thanks for the help!

The first one looks like the single Sonic Blue GT they made for a charity auction. Sonic blue is the color they use to stripe white cars.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
All I can say is that when my wife saw the display Ford GT, she was almost ready to sell the house to buy it, it looked so gorgeous. If I was specifying a color, that would be it. There must be some way to find it. It did have the look of a candy-style paint (silver base and transparent blue over top).

Same colour my friend thanks to pearl inside I think.........I like both of them, but Iam a wee bit biased
Steve

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sonic Blue with White pearl stripes is how mine will be painted..

I lust over that color.... :)

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I have more somewhere, but take my word, it's a great color. If you decide late that you don't like it, you can give me the car! :D

Attachments

• 2GT40s.jpg
    2GT40s.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 707
The Porsche color is still winning in my mind. I've included a picture but it had just rained so the car is dirty. The Ford Midnight Blue is just a little too dark and the Sonic blue is too bright and in your face but it is beautiful. Maybe if it were in sunlight insted of stage lighting I might like it better. Sorry just my opinion. What color white does Ford use on the stripes of its Midnight Blue cars?

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
You might consider Ford Royal Blue Pearl. It was used on pickups in the mid-90s.

Attachments

• Oct13_0116.jpg
    Oct13_0116.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 705
Looks great isn't Royal Blue one of the stock Superformance colors? Does anyone know what color the dark blue with orange striped Gulf #9 car is painted?

Last edited:
Ford Vista Blue might be a good choice. It's used on the current Mustangs and Ranger and is very distinctive blue.

53557735-S.jpg

Pictures really don't do the color justice.

Joe

Back