New 40 for the Bay area

I just finished up an ERA that was delivered to the Bay area a couple of weeks ago. I thought a few of you might like to see some pics.
Car specs;
Mark 1 wide body
550hp 306
ZF gearbox
Custom 13" 4 wheel, 6 piston front 4 piston rear brakes
Custom exhaust
Custom BRM wheels 17x9 and 17x12
255/40/17 front tires, 335/35/17 rears
AC

LR Koni DA shocks

Here's a link to my pic page, they are big files.
levyracing - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Gordon, If you would pass the following on to the owner I would like to invite him/her? to my party latter this year. I can be contacted via PM here on this forum.

Thanks, Howard, Nice work by the way!

No I didn't adapt the arms to fit the 40. The suspension that came on the car is quite good. I just designed better shocks.
Neal, it is defenitely a brawler.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Beautiful car! Love the control arms, but I'm confused by a couple of pics that appear to be of a Mustang solid axle with watts link. Surely in a different car, or am I missing something here?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Did you guys get a good look at photo # 0137? It looks like it's going into a Cobra replica, and it's a 180* header system, much like our GT40 BOS exhaust. It must have taken a magician to get that all to fit in the front end of a Cobra--4 header tubes cross over in front of the engine, two from each side to the other, connecting with the collectors on the opposite side.

wrsexton, I suppose that the solid axle you mentioned must be the same Cobra replica, but I don't know (in fact, I don't know for sure it was a Cobra, but it was a front engine/rear drive project). At any rate, it most assuredly wasn't for a GT40.

What say you Gordon, about the other project? It's very intriguing!! Enquiring minds want to know.

Doug

Guys, there are pictures of other projects on the page. The aluminum control arms were designed to fit the front of a FFR.
The live axle stuff is my 5 link rear suspension to fit a FFR, Mustang, or just about anything else that uses a live axle. It was designed by my engineer to hold 1000hp and is so adjustable we can make a car do just about anything.
The engine on the stand was a 700hp aluminum blocked, brodix "neal" headed 355" windser, and yes it went into a FFR. The exhaust was a properly tuned full 180 system undercar built in stainless. It was good for about 60hp over a standard sidepipe system. Has a 6 speed gearbox, dry sump, trans and diff coolers and just about every suspension trick I could think of. We put a pro driver in it at Vegas with the owner in the pass seat. On a set of DOT's, it ran 3 seconds quicker than a current Trans Am car. The drivers comments were, "stiffen up the springs and I will knock a few more seconds off of it."
The car was featured in Kit car builder in an artical called Monsters ball.

Back