For those who knew JAYPSC

icon1.gif
For those who knew JAYPSC
#1 (permalink) Hi guys,

I'm not sure how many people knew Jerome on here, but I know he used to come on here often. So I thought I'd better let people know.

I got home from work today late, a **** day at work, got home, my wife and parents were here, they broke the news to me. Jerome was dead. I went to school with Jay, he was my best friend and like a brother to me. I'm actually breaking up a bit as i write this so you will have to excuse me.

My first reaction was just that of total shock, I just burst in to tears shaking. I had to go and see him regardless, and his mother / sister. I went around and I've spent the night there. I've just got home. I saw him in the garage in the body bag, it was a very sad moment.

It looks like a tragic accident, and I can't get my head around it.

I don't know what else to say, I don't want to say too much about it, but if anyone wants to pass on a message to the family, please let me know, they really do need the suport at this time. He lived with his mother only in a house just around the corner from me, a place that will now never be the same.

When the funeral etc is sorted, I will pass on the details to those who knew him and want to attend.

If anyone has any contact information also for anyone else he knew, worked with, and spent time with please pass it on to me so I can let them know. I was also working with him on his 40, and I know there was a guy on here that he was waiting for parts of his kit from, please contact me.

I don't think I will sleep tonight, it still seems like I'm going to talk to him tomorrow. He was house sitting for me all next week, I still feel like hes going to call me in a minute to chat about whats going on. I don't know what else to say, a tragic waste of life, my best friend I've known and shared all my life since junior school who I will sadly miss, and I don't think life will ever be the same again, he was like a brother to me.

He will be sadly missed, as I sat on the spot where they found him, I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay with him, but now, thats it. RIP Jay, where ever you are buddy take car, you will be missed.

Love Steve.

Keith

Wow...this is a shock....... Yes we knew Jay but not awfully well...just through the forum.

This is tragic news........

R.I.P my friend........:(
Thoughts are with family right now......

PS Kinda puts the recent internecine bickering on here into perspective........

Guys

This is shocking news,

On behalf of all of us at RCR we give our deepest sympathies to his family.

We last saw Jay at Stoneleigh two weeks ago collecting lots of parts for his various cars.

Jay you will be sadly missed mate

Chris Melia.

PS, Jay with his 40 the first day I met him,

Attachments

• Jays toy.jpg
    Jays toy.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Steve,
Very sad news. Sorry for your and Jay's family's loss. He will be missed in this community.

Rest in peace Jay....

Sincerely,
Rob

Very sorry to hear about such a tragic loss. It looks like he touched many. He will be missed.

Respectfully
Bill D

Devistated, I only heard from him last week, my condolences to his family.

He was a genuine guy, life can be so cruel.........

Sincerely,
Joe T

Thanks for the messages guys.

I thought I would post up a couple of nice pics of Jay at my wedding last august with his other half Zena.

JAY11.JPG

Jay10.JPG

Brian Magee

Supporter
What tragic news.

I met Jay once when he came to look at a car I was selling for someone. He was much younger than the usual GT40 owner but really keen to buy one. I thought his interest would be a flash in the pan but was quite surprised and pleased when I read he had ordered an RCR. He was a very lively lad.

My condolences to his friends amd family.

brian.

Ron Earp

Admin
I am extremely sorry to hear of this tragic news. I conversed with him a couple of times via email/PM and he seemed like a extremely nice fellow. My condolences to friends and family. He'll be missed on the forum.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
A tragic loss, I didn't know Jay, but as part of this community I feel so greatly for his family and friends. Rest in peace Jay.

Dave

Same here. Sadly I didn't know Jay personally, but as a fellow member of our little GT40 community, I feel as if I have lost a friend. I'm sure as a group we will rally together and be of any help his family and friends require.
Rest in peace, condolences to Jay's family.
Simon

Back