EVO MAGAZINE Issue 107

August Issue out now ! This has a must see article " Faking it - how does an original GT40 compare with two of the best replicas - and Fords own GT? We find out __"

Mike Pass

Supporter
I have just read it! Tested were Ford's own white Mk3, a new GT (Jason Thiel's car), Chris Notley's yellow RML GT40 and Martin Weigold's GTD40. All the cars get a "5 Star rating". The writer is well and truly converted to the replica/recreation fold and really likes all the cars and fully enjoyed emptying the tanks as quickly as possible. The handling of all the cars is praised and the replicas get very favourable comparison with the original cars and are said to be better in many areas as they have had a lot of development over the years. We know they are brilliant but it's nice to have the fact confirmed by an independent driver who has experience of driving many top quality fast cars. In addition to the compliments on the handling of Martin's car if they had spelt WealdEn Engineering correctly you would have been even more pleased wouldn't you Frank!

GT40s don't you just love them......

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike, cannot have everything ( spelt ) right, but I am very pleased with the outcome, it justifies a lot of things, particularly my susssss --- Frank

Great article.

Reading between the lines seems like the GTD (errh Wealden Engineering) came out on top!

Good work Frank.

P.S Did you read how fast that Capparo thing went round Goodwood??

Back