Not a GT40 but what do you think?

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Very slick build, what do you guys think of FFR's GTM? I wish it was Ford based, but lots of wrecked Vettes out there!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Gary did one heckuva fine job with that GTM... One of the nicest I've ever seen and has some unique features not on any other GTM...

The GTMs are much cooler than I first thought before I saw one up close. They are a crsoss between a GT40 and a Saleen S7 to me.

I presume they are using a GT40 screen? how tall are they? surely if they are similar size to a '40, without the doors cut into the roof they are going to be difficult to get into?
REALLY nice looking cars! I'd LOVE to see one in the UK.

Simon

I've sat in a couple of GTM's and with a high sided racing seat, they are really tough getting in & out of. Once in, it's a little hard to see over the front fenders and the top of the windshield seems to be very low. Everything else ( shifter & wheel, gas, brakes, clutch) are just right.

Simon

Yep...FFR used a GT40 screen. In fact rumor has it FFR was going to market a GT40
until Mr. Shelby sued them. Allegedly the settlement agreement included a clause that FFR would not replicate the GT40.

MikeD

i saw this car at Knott's earlier this year. very nice looking. lots of room for the engine.
then someone tried to get out of it. now that was a sight.
nice looking tho
wes

I'll get to see one this weekend up close (Whitby Motorcars Christmas party).
I have seen one in person. I had been very interested. One look and it just took me the wrong way. From the door back it just doesn't sit right with me.

I do think it will do what FFR is good at - go fast for less money. That is assuming you do it the way they intended, with a cheap used Vette and the kit. You could probably get away with a pretty potent track weapon for under 50k. The car makes documented downforce, and roll-down windows are a significant plus day to day.

Problem is, most people will spend much more than 50k. And then the final product - to me - just doesn't look right. It's kinda like a 911... it makes good sense, but if you are not a 911 guy, you are not a 911 guy.

J. Salmon,

I hear you 100%, and agree that the market for that type of vehicle is not for everyone. Me being a somewhat originality buff, the car has the modern look of a GT40.......but I think their was nothing wrong with the old version.

I am sure that was the intension. Make it a moderized looking GT40 today. It is what it is. For me, I'll stick with the original version. Looks just fine to me.rockonsmile

The funny thing is it looks realy simuler to a car that I built and completed about four years ago. I built my own frame and suspension and purchased an ugly old replica body and highly modified it to what I whanted. Took about ten years to build and a small fortune. It has been in car calenders thru out the us and europe. Go to ronkimbalstudio.com or search under ron kimball studio and than type in leaver-gt to see pics.

Back