How Many GT40s and Members in New Jersey, USA?

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I was wondering how many GT40s there are in the Garden State and also how many forum members. Maybe there's an opportunity to get together in the spring or summer...?

Thanks,

I don't own a forty, but I am one of the lucky ones who got out of NJ. My exit off the turnpike was 16W (Clifton).

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
I don't own a forty, but I am one of the lucky ones who got out of NJ. My exit off the turnpike was 16W (Clifton).

Good for you, I wish I could escape..but I'm stuck here for a while.

I can't believe that I'm the only guy in NJ with a 40...there has to be more of us....come on fess up..I know you're out there somewhere....OK you may be ashamed to be associated with NJ :yuck:but heh if you've got a 40 it can't be all bad...!!!!:D

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
How much fun is the registration/inspection in NJ?

Not sure yet, my car will be going through it shortly. I had asked on this site and others before and the closest I could find was comments from a few of the Cobra guys. What I do know is that it will be classed as a 2008 reconstructed vehicle and will be required to meet the requirements of the current time, which may mean bumpers plus a bunch of other stuff I don't even want to think about. For emmisions purposes it will be tested as a 1968 as the engine block was from that time. It also appears that the "collector car" registration privilage will not apply either anymore as the rules have changed and state that reconstructed, kit car or hot rods will no longer be considered collector cars. That registration process reduced the mileage to 3,000 a year but required no further inspections of any kind redardless of the year of the vehicle.

So, we will see, if it gets to be too tough it maybe up for sale......:eek:

Cheers,

Best of luck with it Tony. We really want to know how the local states are handling these cars now that it is in our arsenal. On the Cobra side it is a moving target with each state. PA just complicated the process and NJ seems to have made a similar move while CT, MA, and NY appear to have gotten easier.

Back