I think I may have a one of a kind RF40.

I assume most of you watched some or all of the Rolex 24 hour this past weekend? I did as I do every year but this year I had an emotional attachment to the race because of the help I had received from Speed Source Racings engine man, David Haskell in tuning my Motec.
David spent several hours not only helping me get my motor running but passing his knowledge on so that I understood what was happening.

Because I have been to the Speed Source shop and met and talked to Sylvan Tremblay I naturally was pulling for them to have a good result. Last year when they were in the run for the championship in the last race of the season and were wrecked by a DP back marker I felt the pain along with them. So I felt good as they ran in the lead with the #70 RX8, a car I saw being built.

Well as most already know Speed Source won the GT class with almost a 5 lap lead at the end. Imagine my surprise when in the post race interview I see David included as a driver, It seems he helps out in the longer endurance races. I really felt happy for those guys because the win was deserved. Now I was wondering if I might have the only RF40, or dare I say GT40 replica tuned by a Daytona 24 hour winner?

Peter

Ron Earp

Admin
Awesome win by Speed Source. One of their fabricators and engineers is [SIZE=-1]Steve Eckrich, a NC racer and one we know well and compete against in SCCA ITS. Steve just won our regional championship here in the SE in his Speed Source sponsored 2nd Gen RX7. Great guy, awesome engineer, and awesome driver. He always tells us what is going on with Speed Source and so on with the racers and the outfit seems to be top notch. You might have yourself a unique car there for sure!
[/SIZE]

Gary,
When I purchased RF81, the motor was not running as it should, a lot of backfiring both lean and rich, so I went looking for a Motec expert that could help me. I checked the Motec website which list Speed Source as a distributer in Florida and found that they were located 6 miles from my home. Not connecting the name in my mind I just went over to see them and thats when I found that this was Sylvan Tremblays outfit.

Back