Chassis drawings/blueprints?

I'm looking for chassie drawings/blueprints for a mk1. I want to build my own chassies and modify it after my own priorities! Time I've got, couse I know that it will take time! Lots of time! But I can't find any drawings anywhere and start totally from scratch I do not have the experience for...

So does anyone know where I could get a hold of som chassie drawings?

Re: Chassie drawings/blueprints?

Hi
I have noticed that original blueprints are like a holy graal for GT40 nuts...
Few guys claims that they have copies, here too, usually nobody believes them :rolleyes:
In short, maybe mission impossible, but let hope someone can help you :)

They're out there. A few people have them and will never share them, even if you offered them $$$. You can waste a lifetime searching for them.

I'm looking for chassie drawings/blueprints for a mk1. I want to build my own chassies and modify it after my own priorities! Time I've got, couse I know that it will take time! Lots of time! But I can't find any drawings anywhere and start totally from scratch I do not have the experience for...

So does anyone know where I could get a hold of som chassie drawings?

Go get the experience- its not that hard, learn how to scale stuff from known sizes eg 15" wheels, BUY a Windscreen, any one that has built cars from scratch will tell you that is the single biggest hurdle to overcome and most expensive part if you have to have one made. After that, lots of foam /mdf/ bog will make your body shell/buck. Use the foam that they are using to clad homes with a coat of cement/render over, should be able to get plenty of off cuts from builders etc for free if you offer to clean up! Its styro which means you must use epoxy to glue it/apply glass over. Once you have the body you can at least make your chassis fit--- believe me its a lot more soul destroying to do it the other way round.:)
At 21 your young- dont forget to enjoy life- these things tend to become obsessional!!!

I tried to buy a set “C” size 1960’s "FORD" GT40 blueprint about 10 years ago. Don’t remember if they were for a MKI or II but that shouldn’t matter. At the time the guy was thinking of re-popping GT40's and had gone as far to make molds off a real car but never did. He wasn’t too keen on parting with them back then but I'll try to track the guy down and I’ll let you know what I find.

Last edited:
spaceframe or mono doesn't really matter! But a mono would ofcourse be more "fun" to build :)

Thanks for all the help sofar, the spacefram drawings looked good, I'll take a closer look on them now ;)

Rune

Supporter
Cassius You say that a mono would be more fun to build. Do a request for a visit at GOX and I belive that You after that visit, go for a spaceframe project . Belive me I'm building a monocoque, and it is not done overnigth. You will be a old guy before You drive your own build mono. Please Take this advice from one that know the mountain of work that's ahead.

Back