Finally, it's getting painted!!

The painter is actually shooting color today. We have exhanged emails concerning meatball size, meatball color, stripe configuration, etc. He has promised me he will send some pics of the car once it gets out of the booth later this week.

I'm so excited I can hardly type!!! ECD with upholstery and reattached body panels is 4-11.

I need to sit down. My knees are really wobbly :)

Bill D

Bill,

Good for you! You've really come a long way on your journey.Show us some pics when you can...

Maybe you should invest in a walker for your legs.Lol

Here is a sample of the colors

paintsample%20001.jpg

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bill, I'm almost as excited as you! I've been following your build with great admiration and envy. I was hoping the absence of recent posts on your thread wasn't indicative of problems, and am glad to hear all is on-track.

The color combo looks spectacular. You will never go unnoticed in your car.

All the best!

Mark

Not sure about the orange... may look much better when it's all done!!

Loving the blue though... good choice.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Not sure about the orange... may look much better when it's all done!!

Loving the blue though... good choice.

About the combo...

1051a.jpg

In an amazing twist of fate, it looks (again, LOOKS) like I too will be spraying color this week. I've learned to avoid words resembling commitment regarding just about anything having to do with bodywork but Friday might be my day.

Congrats to you though! Sounds like it's been somewhat of a battle for you, i bet you're almost as excited as I am.

Congrats Bill, Love the take on the Gulf scheme. Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Well done Bill

I remember my paint job took the better part of 10 months from delivery of car to the painter and bringing the car back home. Even then the job wasn't done completely - nostril wasn't buffed, runs on the rear clip and my eyebrow panels got lost as did my paint codes....
Still when you know it is finally happening it is impossible to keep that smile off your face.
Well done again - happy days are here again!!!

Cheers

Bill

Chris Kouba

Supporter
About the combo...

1051a.jpg

Forgot to mention this is THE car (I'm pretty sure) that acquainted me with the prowess of the GT40 one vintage weekend in high school at Lime Rock. I always thought they looked damn sexy, and then I proceeded to watch it lap every other car in its 20 minute heat. I thought damn, there's a sweet ride, looks fantastic and scoots to boot!

I'm sure it'll look every bit as good (or better) Bill and I am extremely jealous. I'll bet you're counting the hours til 4/11.

I just saw this... fantastic! We must have been thinking alike. I have been wanting to do a darker blue and am trying to get a paint code for Bugatti Blue. I want to modern it up a bit with homage to the original. You are taking it even further and it will look spectacular!

bill,
congrats,
seems like forever since i stopped bye to look at your build.
that color will be striking!
wes

bill,
congrats,
seems like forever since i stopped bye to look at your build.
that color will be striking!
wes

Well done Bill

I remember my paint job took the better part of 10 months from delivery of car to the painter and bringing the car back home. Even then the job wasn't done completely - nostril wasn't buffed, runs on the rear clip and my eyebrow panels got lost as did my paint codes....
Still when you know it is finally happening it is impossible to keep that smile off your face.
Well done again - happy days are here again!!!

Cheers

Bill

Your painter must be related to my Upholsterer.
Not Italian is he.

Looks good Bill

Jim

Back