GOX Mono Kit

Hi Guys , This is my first post here on this site but i have been lurking for a while and just recently registered.

Does any one have any pricing details for the Swedish GOX mono kit

thanks

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

You better ask price for monocoque -version directly from Goran Olsson. He`ll answer to e-mails, sometimes with little delay (so much work :thumbsup: )
And, of course, you can call him. Goran speaks english.

Rune

Supporter
hi Adrian. People that want to buy a Gox monocoque does not ask for the price they ask if it is possible to come on the list for one. The first 15 are sold, but there migth be a second production line for 5 cars when the first batch is completed I do not know how many on the second list.
Like it or not. This is the real facts for getting yourselves a GOX mono.
You might contact Goran direct ,but I think he will give You the same answer.
Rune

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Rune,
That is rather pompous and the reason why I discontinued any discussion
with Goran. You may remember I was about to fly to Sweden via Norway to have a look but the price of the mono - well, I did not in the end because of the price and how it was never disclosed and how it seemed to be a state secret. If Goran or you have managed to get fifteen orders without disclosing a price then more power to your elbow. There are some real plonkers in the world after all.
The rest of the world does something totally different. For example - The rest of us look around at several types of a commodity that we wish to purchase, we short list maybe one or two, we look at those particular products more closely and we finally buy the one we feel gives us what we want at a value comensurate with how much we are paying. At least thats what we do in the free world.
Actually it's very similar to supermarket shopping.
I could go back and trawl up the various emails a few years back but I've got more important things to do now. I'm waiting for news of another steel mono being made here in the UK, AND I will be told the price before I make my mind up.
regards,
Dave M

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I have been involved in sales most of my working life, and cannot understand how anyone can sell something without the buyer knowing the price?
Here take this product it is really good, BTW I'll bill you later!:greedy:
Weird.

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Pete
I have to agree whole heartedly with you.
In my business the first thing my customers want to know is the price so they can judge value and quality for money.

The only time we can do business with people without discussing price is when they are long term customers who know our products and honesty in our dealings with them.

Dimi

In my opinion if someone doesn't ask the price, that doesn't make them capable of purchase, it makes them stupid! What a bunch of crap! I think we should make a committment to get this info and post it here on the forum!

My experience has been that most wealthy people become wealthy because they are highly sensitive to price and learned quickly and efficiently how to leverage price differentials in some way (adding technology, smarts/people, relationships, etc.). To suggest that product superiority surpasses price considerations is simply not credible, regardless of who is the buyer - ultra-wealthy or regular joe. Even products like a Picasso or a Ferrari 250GT SWB which regularly sell for $10MM or more have a highly sensitive price based upon condition/quality, availability, etc.

LOL I think the words market research springs to mind.

But certainly was not expecting a reply like that.

Thanks for the input guys

Adrian

Rune

Supporter
I did answer on this tread because there are only 20 cars that will be build using the original drawings I know of. And if someone are interested to have a gt40 exact as the original ´, they sign. up on the list. They know that it cost money to have the right thing.But as for me, I know what I will end up with at the end. And so do the 18 others.
There will never be build more cars from this set of drawings,so this is the last posibility to get one. There are as far as I know still 2 kits left to be ordered.
And some of You that have replied, already know the estimate price.
All of the 15 first orders are happy with the project they are joining.
All future builders that want a monocoque must go to others , There must be some other set of drawing out there to build from?? The Shelby gt40? etc.
Rune

Rune,
IMHO, those who strive for a true replica will be envious of the GOX chassis. I cannot afford one. I know it, and am happy with a tube frame replica. For me the MDA is a good purchase for me. I know it is not 100% accurate and I know MDA will agree, but it is a good kit. The replica market caters for many buyer, true perfectionist GT40 replica owner to those that settle for less. I for one would want a GOX chassis if i could afford one, but I can't. Be sure, you are one of an elite few. Just make sure the rest of the build stands as true as the chassis. Good luck and I hope to see the car some day.

Martin

Goran quoted me a price a while back when I asked on both his mono and space frame. Quite good value untill the dollar plunged. I am sure if anyone contacted him he could quote a firm price now. I talked with him when he was still getting things firmed up. 400,000 to 500,000 SEK. Then the dollar bought 8 SEK now it is 6. I am not sure what that included. I was more interrested in his space frames. More my price range. But Goran was always very friendly and helpful. I am sure you will find him the same if you contact him. Sincerely Jim Nielsen

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yes - but that is not a bare monocoque. How much is that so comparisons with other bare monos can be made. This was the reason I did not travel to Gox in Sweden.

For a very good copy of an original mono based upon original drawings, that's not a bad price. There's a lot of work in producing a really good copy and it sounds like the Gox folks are doing it right. The price for the chassis might end up looking insignificant once the cost of rounding up the rest of the original parts is considered!

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Not to rain on GOX, but isn't there another company building cars off original blueprints with a turnkey minus price of $75k?? I don't know about most folks, but my experiences have been that people tend to do business with people they like and/or trust. I never understood the business mentality that "If you have to ask the price you can not afford it". It has always been a big turn off towards the product. Frankly there are certain things in life that I can afford and others that I can not. There are also items which I can afford BUT aren't worth the asking price. If your selling a product, why be secretive of the price??

Back