GT40 in Lambo cruise

Here's a picture of my CAV with the Lambo guys. The CAVs exhaust/engine made me feel self-conscience and like I was around a bunch of stock Hondas while it was idling in this picture.

Attachments

• gt40-in-line-at-dealer.jpg
    gt40-in-line-at-dealer.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 527
I go out with the Ferrari and Lambo boys here as well. Calgary is known for upgrades on exotic cars. So loud exhausts are fairly common place.

I do have one recommendation for CAV owners. Put on straight pipes. I just installed a new exhaust without the single muffler. WOW is it loud!! GLORIOUS exhaust note.

On the CAV I fabricated straight pipes and put them on. If I want the muffler setup, I just have to remove the straight pipes and install the muffler - 1 min.

But, so far all I want is the straight pipes. The sound transforms the experience.

Nothing beats bystanders bypassing a Ferrari or Lambo and taking pictures of your GT40.

GOD I love Gt40s.

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Guys,

No doubt about it, as fabulous as the current exotics are, parked beside a GT40 it's no contest. On the road, same deal.

John, I hope you're OK with me posting a pic of you spanking a couple of prancing horses, of course we'll never say what the rolling start speed was:)

Cheers

Attachments

• Walking F360 F550.jpg
    Walking F360 F550.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 406
No problem Ian.

Big italian exotic car population in Calgary. Having one of the of the only Gt40's up here make me unique in a town where 360's and F430's are almost as common as toyotas.

What everyone finds interesting is that this car still has such a fresh look after all these years - even among the new cars.

What we need is more GT40's.

Hi John. Do you have any pics on how you did your stright pipes for quick change. Cheers Roy.

Hi Roy,

I'll send pics but, it was easy on the CAV. Pull off the muffler/tip assembly and fab (2) exhaust pipe with tips connected with a 3/8" x member to keep everything aligned.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow.

Back