Custom Built

In 1964 Built From Scratch Gt-40 Replica. Entire Body Was Modeled In Plaster And Clay, Molds Pulled And Body Cast. Engine Power Was A Yenko Stinger Modified Corvair, Approx Hp Output 200-250. Car Was Subsequently Donated To Harrahs Auto Museum, Where It Was Being Readied For Display.
During That Time Bill Harrah Died And A Major Part Of The Collection Was Auctioned. My Donation Was Also Auctioned Off. The Name Of The Car Was "centaur". Have Been Trying To Locate Car For The Past Few Years. Any Help Would Be Appreciated
Thank You All

In 1964 Built From Scratch Gt-40 Replica. Entire Body Was Modeled In Plaster And Clay, Molds Pulled And Body Cast. Engine Power Was A Yenko Stinger Modified Corvair, Approx Hp Output 200-250. Car Was Subsequently Donated To Harrahs Auto Museum, Where It Was Being Readied For Display.
During That Time Bill Harrah Died And A Major Part Of The Collection Was Auctioned. My Donation Was Also Auctioned Off. The Name Of The Car Was "centaur". Have Been Trying To Locate Car For The Past Few Years. Any Help Would Be Appreciated
Thank You All

The date does not seem correct, was it made in 1974 or 1984?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL C
Thank You All

Originally Posted by FosterEast
The date does not seem correct, was it made in 1974 or 1984?

Bill Harrah Died in 1978.
So it would have to be 1974, otherwise you could have bought one in 1964

I once met a guy through my sister who said he had The Centaur. This was likely around 1989 or 1990.

He said he acquired the car from the Harrah collection and the rocker panels were damaged due to someone moving the car with a forklift at somepoint.

I will try to get the guy's name, but I believe he lived in or near Bishop, CA at the time.

I too, have been curious about the car for all these years.

If I find out any other info, I'll post it here.

I once met a guy through my sister who said he had The Centaur. This was likely around 1989 or 1990.

He said he acquired the car from the Harrah collection and the rocker panels were damaged due to someone moving the car with a forklift at somepoint.

I will try to get the guy's name, but I believe he lived in or near Bishop, CA at the time.

I too, have been curious about the car for all these years.

If I find out any other info, I'll post it here.

Hi Dave I am the guy your writing about. I own the Centaur and she was for sale on ebay last week but no one met my modest reserve price. feel free to contact me at [email protected] for more info. Thanx, Darren

Back