Chris Martino, What's happening at MDA?

Chris Martino

Hi Chris

What's happening at MDA?

I know as their agent you must know what's going on?

Is MDA still importing kits to the USA?

Is Mark away? as I hear people are having a hard time calling him.

Regards

Chris Melia.

Hi Chris, I was there on Monday on my way down to Mirage, I have no idea about the USA shipping of kits but he was there and the phone was on.

Craig

I spoke to Mark Yesterday and I'm still getting parts deliveries. I don't know about the U.S though either. I know he had the phones off for a while just to get some work done, but he's still around.
Martin

Hi Martin

thanks, that's reassuring. Did you see cars/kits being assembled?

regards

Chris.

Hi Chris,
I haven't physically been down there for a while so I don't know. Last time I was there (about one Month ago) there were two customers cars there being prepared for SVA. Mark will be delivering an engine to me within the next few weeks along with other bits and bobs so he's still active.

Martin

I wasn't in his top unit, where the cars are, just the bottom one where my engine was stored - can't comment on assembly etc.

Cheers

Craig

Hi Chris,
I haven't physically been down there for a while so I don't know. Last time I was there (about one Month ago) there were two customers cars there being prepared for SVA. Mark will be delivering an engine to me within the next few weeks along with other bits and bobs so he's still active.

Martin

That pretty much sums up my knowledge & understanding at this time. I received my latest batch of parts from MDA just recently.

Chris

FYI - My commitment is to Raceline but I am more than willing to pass on information about the MDA GT40, not so much as an official rep but as a "go-to" person for inquiries on this side of the pond. If anyone has questions or would like to have a look at my Mk I in person, just ask and I'll do what I can do to assist.

Chris

Hi Chris

I'm sorry I thought you were the Mda rep for North America.

Regards

Chris

PS. I have had an email from a guy that states

A mate who got MDA to build a turnkey for him and MDA was supposed to SVA it for him. They put it in as amature build but VOSA spotted it was a pro build and have refused to SVA it.

The car is still at MDA!!!!

Chris,
didn't wander into the top unit where the cars/chassis are, but as far as I am aware there are a couple up there.

The SVA goal posts do seem to move about a bit, Some manufacturers seem to get away with Turnkey and Turnkey minus "kits" whilst some are stopped
(personally as long as these cars arn't rolling off a production line I can't see the problem!). About 2 years ago the SVA jumped on the Wilwood handbrake calliper, but quite a lot of cars got through with them, it all seems to be down to the individual test centre/examiner some times.

I recieved my last batch of parts about a month and a half ago. I've have to modify a few of them to work, and I'm still waiting on a few others, but Mark does answer my emails and is supposed to be getting the last bits out some time.

hi all,
has anybody got any other contact details as im waiting delivery of door
straps and fittings that have been paid for some 4 months ago.

ive spoken to mark several times, who promised delivery or money back,
but he wont reply to email, answer workshop phone and hes old mobile
isnt active anymore.

in this current financial climate its very difficult for everybody but i must
warn other potential customers of my situation.

regards

ricky

Back