Almost gave up on my dream

A special thank you for all of the help that I have received from the forum members. 3 years ago I purchased a CAV with the ZF. It has taken all most this whole time sorting it all out. As of this morning, I was committed to sell my GT40 and purchase an '07 Porsche GT3RS. I had come to the end of my rope and was quite disapointed with my car with all of the sorting out that had to be done and as work was done, more problems surfaced. Well, today was very beautiful out, (which is rare here in Seattle area), and I took the car for a drive, now it is fully functional again. I have had an indiscribable experience of the last 5 hours of driving my car around! All of the looks, the photos, the power, well you know. I will be calling the dealer with the Porsche and tell him that I will pass on the purchase. There is some more tinkering to do on it, like reset the valve adjustment and work on the webers just a little more. The small of it is, THANK YOU for your help in sorting things out and making today the best!!!

tom

Tom, I can fully share your frustration as I'm still trying to sort things out on my car. You have given me much needed hope

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Bill , i'm shure you can make it right after folowing your build site ! after all this hobby is all about tinkering , a few bad words , and the odd day where nothing gets done except a cold beer with a buddy in your shop. = life is good ! Some day I will have the chance to spend time sorting out bugs in my 40.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
My experience too is bugs!

But they get fixed and once they do - more bugs - on the windscreen, front clip etc. Now some of those have been real sticky and a pain to get off!

But I'd rather have the (ex) flying type than mechanical!

Ian

Mike Pass

Supporter
Good stuff Tom, Glad you know what it's all about. These cars are not something you just buy and drive. They have soul. The more you put in the more you get out. They are a mobile hobby and the best fun in the world. Enjoy as much as you can weather prmitting - there's nothing quite like it.
Cheers
Mike

Tom, congrats on persisting, and, enjoying your maiden drive. There are a few GT40 guys in the Seattle area - we should have a Northwest GT40 fest! I'm in northeast Seattle, just north of the UW and have a CAV also. If you'd like to come by and compare then please send me a PM and we can set something up.

Enjoy!

Ian Clark

Supporter
Great first drive, makes all the head banging etc worth it. On the road these cars work and people love seeing them. I really don't think any new production sportscar has as much impact. Fantastic!

Cliff, I would like to meet you and see your car. I havn't quite been able to figure out how to PM someone. Kind of computer eliterate. I don't know how to put any pictures up for my name either obviously.

Ian, I want to call you about some parts. I heard that CAV has a new seat configuration or style. Anyhow, my cell is 425-417-3675.
Tom

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Tom,

To send a PM, move your mouse over Cliff's or Ian's (or anyone's) name and click. A drop down menu will appear, one option being to send a PM. Click on that.

As one semi-paranoid interneter, I'd also edit your post to remove your phone number (click on the edit post button or email a moderator if that option has passed).

To check your PM's there's an indicator in the upper right of the header bar saying "Private Messages:" which if you click on will take you to your inbox. There are more ways to send PM's there as well but the one above usually is what I do.

CK

Back