GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > General GT40s Discussion > All GT40

All GT40 GT40 and Ford GT Talk - All the time!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2009, 02:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mr. T
United States

GT40: wooden model
how much do v8 archies cost?

does anybody know how much the gt4t kit made by v8 archie costs? or can you even get it as a kit, or just a turnkey?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 7th March 2009, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Big-Foot
Super Moderator
United States

GT40: RCR40 - #45
Re: how much do v8 archies cost?

Welcome to GT40s T.

I suppose you could check out their website for more info;
V-8 Archie -- Pontiac Fiero V-8 Kits and Kit Cars

Their claims;
Quote:
A totally accurate Mark I body mounted to a specially modified Fiero chassis

Featuring accurate bodywork, windscreen, side windows, rear window, headlight & parking light covers. All of this for 1/3 the price of any other accurate replica with the same performance. With heat & A/C included.

Yes, it's true. Now you can have the look & V-8 power you've always wanted in a full turn-key car for less that $45K.

Featuring an accurate body, tubular "A" arms, coil-over adjustable suspension, rack & pinion steering, custom interior, 11-1/4" brakes & the wheels of your choice, all in a car you can afford.

Paint in the color of your choice.

Let us build one for you or we can build a "roller" for you & you can finish it yourself.
I'm not so sure about the "Totally Accurate" statement.. To me it would seem that you'd have to do a lot of modification to that Fiero to make it work. Then too - you'd still have a Fiero..
While I don't hold any great disdain for the modified Fieros - I hope I never see the day when someone asks me if mine is a modified VW or Fiero..

edit - Here's a shot of the V8 Archie GT4T from the rear.. To me it's obvious that it's not a spot-on replica,
GT40 RCR40 #45 G50-331-Weber IDAs
My build site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big-Foot; 7th March 2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added picture
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 7th March 2009, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bobs 9401
2 Tenths
United States

GT40: GTD
Re: how much do v8 archies cost?

T,
Welcome to gt40s, I had a fiero replica of a gt40 at a show in Wisconsin Dells and my car sat right next to that red V8 archies car, and let me tell you I would not want to own that ride! this is only my personal opinion, I then sold my car and then found a real replica that I am now working on. if that says anything it should tell you to keep looking for a real replica.
Good luck,
Bob

Last edited by Bobs 9401; 26th March 2009 at 06:12 PM.