mirrors

The mirrors that came with my car are woefully inadequate. I don't know where they came from or who made them, however their 1" x 2 1/2" is just ridiculous.

I have done research on the site here and have come up with two styles that I like alot. I would like honest opinions of each of the two styles with placement of each for ese of rearward vision.

1) I like the bullet style Talbots, but have heard they are not necessarly good for utilitarian use

2) I like the look of the Mazda style on the door. Maybe not so original looking, but do look great on the car.

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

Tom,
I have the Mazda type and feel they are the type to have. Most of them are electric, so they can be wired for that and it makes them easy to adjust. Comes with a 4 way set of buttons. I got mine from a junk yard. They were shorted out, so I pulled all the wiring out. Once mounted you can manually set them. They have four clicks of adjustment left to right and up and down. Saves you from having to do major fitting of the mirror to the surface of the car. Where you put them is up to you. Some like the front fender, some like the edge of the window. There is a thread somewhere with a removable mount to the edge of the plexiglass window.

Bill

Back