Shelby event at Winton Raceway

Just placing a reminder here that the Victorian Cobra Car Club are running their Shelby Fest this Saturday at Winton Raceway Victoria.

No spectator entry fee - worth a drive up to meet everyone and have a look.

I will be driving the GT40 up - 80% of the re build is complete, so I thought I would run it up there today and head over to the track tomorrow.

Bernie,

CS is probably filing suit against the VCCC right now for using the name "Shelby" in the event description ("Shelby Fest") without having first paid a license fee to him.....

I flew down again this year and provided my support.

Just a fantastic event, very well organised and a great time for drivers and spectators alike. Just can't thank Tony and Jason enough for organising it again.

Planning to take a few cars down next year for it. The logistics of taking cars down this year were just too difficult with all the work etc we have on.

Oops, just realised this is in the RF forum. Hope those guys don't mind.

Given that there is no "RF" social discussion thread per se, I'm putting this here....... (I'm sure the mods will move it if appropriate)

After a less than fun drive through the Tassie Highlands to pick up some moulds for my current [non gt40] project in a rodeo ute, I got to thinking how many people are interested in a run in this part of the world?

It certainly is a perfect place for a drive, and all I could think of was "I wish I was in the GT!"

anyway, not really knowing any other RFGT40 owners, I figured it could be a fun way to hook up myself and others like myself with the "network" over a set of corners and an after drive steak and beer at Derwent Bridge.

Comments?

-Cheers
-Antony

And BTW, I checked out the ferry half carefully, and I think at a squeese the cars will go up the ramp, but I'm sure we can make special arrangement if we tell them early. The Melbourne end might be a squeeze, but the Devonport end would be fine.

Antony

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe start a new 'Thread'

Just need that Audi 016 trans axle centre cast piece and I'm going again.

Bernie

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Antony

I know that apart from the Tassie contingent of RF owners, there have been some Victorian owners that have ferried their cars down for touring purposes.
Can you find out some details about ferry crossings and maybe propose an itinerary?

Cheers

Bill

Sorry about the delayed reply to the question,

to get myself and the ute to Tassie and back in an "exclusive use" cabin was a little under $750. This price goes down with share cabins.

I will be calling by the RACV shop soon to get a good "touring" map - hopefully with contours - and dependent on the minister for sports and recreation will propose some dates in spring.

My car's not going anywhere at the moment, the circlip holding the starter pinion seems to have failed, resulting in a shattered gear. Off being repaired as we speak. I think when I get it back, I might have a check over the design, and eliminate the wire circlip. I've had them fail in other applications, and it's frustrating that such a small part can be the difference between driving the RF and driving a s&^tbox ute from work :shy:.

As usual thanks to Paul and Jonathan fpor hooking me up with the right course of action to get the car back on the road. They do some nice work down there, both on the cars and on the Customer service!

Cheers
-a

Back