Big thanks to Paul, Owen and Jonathan at RF

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank you again for the tour of the factory on Friday. It was a real eye-opener to see the level of detail you guys put into building your GT40! The CAD modelling and computer analysis tools you use is top notch and your end product reflects that.

Big thanks to Paul for replying to my DRB pricing thread and inviting me out there. I highly recommend the factory tour to anyone thinking of buying a GT40 who is able to get out there!

I'm looking forward to joining your owner/builder community in the not too distant future ;)

No Problems Heath,

it was nice you meet yourself and Reade, and we look forward to catching up again soon.

Anyone as serious about a GT0 and as passionate about the marque as these guys is welcome to book in for a tour and info pack anytime.

Regards Paul

Heath, their website might not be much (sorry boys...........) but the service at RF is second to none.

My '40 is my daily drive, and Paul and Jonathan in particular (I've not had dealings with Owen except when he was thinking I was casing the joint - I was waiting for the Tray truck with said RF that was sick - will explain later) have been fabulous even when there is nothing in it for them financially. To me this is the mark of a company worth dealing with.

I investigated DRB, RCR were not around when I started thinking of getting a GT and I knew it had to be local. I eventually opted for a S/H complete car, and this has not seen me treated as a second class citizen by the RF crew.

The reality of the situation is that a daily driver is going to break down more often per year than a week-ender. Low volume Kit Cars are like that, it goes with the territory and the best laid plans won't account for the millions spent by large manufacturers to completely de-bug their products.

When it breaks down, you want to know that you have support behind you. I have been 100% supported by RF (if only my wife was as supportive, my car is yellow, and is therefore referred to as "the lemon" by her) and because they are in melbourne, the repairs are usually done quickly. You can duck over and get part X on a friday arvo, and have the car ready for saturday morning, most of the time.

The current design of the RF has a lot of really sound engineering in it, which as an engineer really impresses me. You're buying a kit, not a website so don't be put off by low grade cyber presence. Their product is excellent, and I for one would build a second [new] '40 in a heartbeat. If only the minister would let me............

If you want to chat, get my number off the RF guys. I'm 6'0" and my car is comfy as. Long distances are not a problem at all, it only gets tedious in friday CBD peak hour - as anything manual tends to do.

I'll get off the soap box now
-Antony

Thanks for the kind words Antony.

I think a current spec RF would be a different kettle of fish but I've told you that before ! I do know what you mean though, our OEM backgrounds and subsequent network resources, as you implied, have given us good backing to develop the car albeit without the budget of the big (not so big now) companies.

Heath saw a glimps of that.

RF1 owners have the advantages of the above available to them as upgrades to their current cars as do new RF2 clients in the new cars.

The RF1 owners are every bit as important to us as the new guys, we elected to take on more than just the company name in that regard.

Thanks for your support, Regards Paul.

PS stand by for a great new website, I agree we have let that upgrade slip for too long.

PSS I note in my first post in this thread I typo'd GTO - sorry can't help there, RF40's only !

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi All

Even though I own a DRB when I wanted a glass window for my rear clip instead of the standard plastic one Paul at the New RF had no problem supplying the window to me which was exactly the same size as the plastic one.

Again my thanks to Paul.

Dimi

Back