Body/Painter Recommendation Seattle/Bellevue area??

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Getting near the time where I'm thinking about paint and body work. I can do some of the body prep, but I don't have a lot of experience. I'm not spending over 10k for body/paint, but as you can guess, I expect quality for as minimum I can get.

If you have recommendations, can you answer the following?

• Name of person/shop
  • Rough cost to you and basic description of work completed
  • How long did it take them to complete?
  • Charge by hour or flat rate estimate?
This is the pain job I want:

Attachments

• PaintJob.jpg
    PaintJob.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 270

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Brent,

Two come to mind

Millen Autobody in Redmond. I got to know him when I had Corvettes years ago and found his work to be excellent.

Moslander Rod & Custom in Monroe. For you, that's just a quick drive up the valley. He's a real car guy; If I remember correctly, some of his work has been seen on the lawn at Pebble Beach, not to mention they make the annual treck to Monterey every year. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

When Neal finished his 40 a few years back, I think he used a company in Preston to shoot the color. Can't remember the name right now but it may be in his build thread.

Looking forward to catching up with you in person one day soon...

Best,

T.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Call Ricky at Showcase collision in Totem Lake
(425) 823-6006. They are a production shop but do projects on the side. They did a Cobra for me that was a stunner. Plan on $5 to$7k if you dont' do any prep. I negotiated a flat fee.

You're welcome to borrow my HPLV gun and have at it... :stunned:

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thanks for the guidance guys.

(425) 823-6006. They are a production shop but do projects on the side. They did a Cobra for me that was a stunner. Plan on $5 to$7k if you dont' do any prep. I negotiated a flat fee.

You're welcome to borrow my HPLV gun and have at it... :stunned:

Neal, 5-7k and they do all the prep too? That sounds pretty appealing. What sort of body work did they do as part of the prep?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Check you PM. Here are a couple from the Ford museum to keep you motivated.

GT40J4_1.jpg

J4_2.jpg

I highly recommend Carriage Case in Kenmore at the north end of lake. 6722 Bothell Way 425-487-2600.
Dave the owner did a great job on my Porsche when I lived there. He did many Ferraris and other exotic cars. He was easy to work with and quoted prices levels based on your finish requirements all the way up to a 100 point car. Ask to see his antique tractor collection.
Allen Nicholas

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter

I used Ricky at Showcase for my Lotus Esprit a number of years ago and I was very pleased with the work he did. The price was right too for a non-show quality finish. They were very accomodating because it was a non-runner at the time and I had the doors and deck lids removed when I brought it to him.

Dave L

Back