Well done DRB

Hi all,

Having a big focus on customer service in my business keeps me really looking at good customer service and experiences that I receive.

Let me share a quick experience with you at DRB.

I recently left my GT40 at a shop and whilst it was there, a curious customer decided to just take a look in my GT40.

This customer left the passenger door partly open, which resulted in it being damaged when reversed by the shop owner later in the day. We all know how hard it is to reverse a GT40 at the best of times - and if you are not familiar with the GT40.......

Not the shop owners fault at all, it was just a freak accident. The shop owner was not aware that the customer went to my car and opened the door.

This damage required a new door from DRB.

No problem, it was made and promptly shipped down to the repair shop.

Additionally, DRB staff included a full set of step by step photos on the fitting of the door, intrusion bars etc.

"Give us a call if you have any problems", DRB staff volunteered

My friend at the shop was very impressed and so was I with DRB staff.

A big 'well done' to the gang at DRB for going that extra step. It was very much appreciated by me and the shop owner......

Cheers

Bernie

Last edited:
Bernie,
Very sorry to learn of the mishap. Exemplary customer service from DRB saved the day! Nice to hear about this sort of thing with a positive note!

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bernie, that backs up all my experience with DRB - they could not have been more helpful during my 4-year build (specially considering the fact that I didn't even buy the car from them - just a part-started mess from a previous customer) !!

DRB are quite low-key here on the Forum, but that is a nice contrast to some others who are the "masters of spin" - think of the word "hurricane" & the self-proclaimed title of "THE WORLDS LEADING MANUFACTURER OF GT40 REPLICAS" !

A couple of polite enquiries regarding their products were met with a bizarre message to the effect that "your reply will not be posted until the moderator has checked it" - my posts were never published. Potential sale of two removable-top doors - gone ! Attitude problem !!

As you said, Peter Ransom & the guys at DRB understand what Customer Service means.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Yes it was a very good experience with DRB.

I also purchased my GT40 near finished and have spent a lot of time rebuilding the engine, trans axle along with interior re fit.

My contact with DRB and other builders such as Roaring Forties and RCR have all been positive. I agree that there are some manufacturers who make wild claims and do not follow up.

These later companies were well aware that I did not have their kit but still offered assistance, parts and advice.

The GT40 community is certainly very strong and importantly helpful.

Thanks again.

Bernie

Peter D

Yes I also purchased my GT40 from a builder/owner. My car was near complete and the build standard was good.

However, I found that I wanted to detail the GT40 and re build or replace a lot of parts using either more expensive or period correct parts.

The engine re build included a full re build using Katicore injection, aluminium heads, roller rockers, cam etc. etc. The result looked great and doubled the horsepower - a bonus!!

The current project is re trimming the seats using the current trim, but adding a lot of side and lumbar support with the aim of keeping the period styling in the seats appearance.

After breaking the Audi trans axle I am adding the strengthening plate between the gear carrier cast casing and the end case. I'm thinking of a ZF in the next twelve months.

Like a lot of owners there is always something to do or change.

Bernie

Hi Bernie, good to see you are happy with your kit providers support. Are you in Melbourne? I would like to be able to talk to other GT40 builders in Melbourne (or even visit one) as building an RCR40 in Melbourne Australia puts one virtually on their own (with exception to the forum replies from RCR owners worldwide). I cannot find the details of any other RCR40 owner builders in Australia (none are posting on this forum and details of other Australian owners is hard to come by).

I would like to converse with any other builders of a DRB as well. I'm sure we have similar challenges.

Thanks in advance.

I'm out of PM space so its easier to post publicly.

Jason Ferraro

Jason,

I'm based in both Geelong and Mt. Gambier. Spend about 50/50 at each location.

I'll send you an email with my contact details.

Bernie

Bernie, could not agree with you more.
All my dealings with DRB be it with Peter, the office staff or guys on the floor have been 1st class. I purchased the bear minimum of components and never made secret the that this was my intention yet many times Peter would freely offer all the help/advice that anyone could wish for.

Darrell DRB#46 LS1 G50
Now on the road

DAZPT

Darrell

Yes, I was impressed and importantly my workshop friend was able to get the parts, support and assembly photos from DRB in Queensland.

I have found that the majority of the kit car industry is supportive.

My car a DRB # 064 was purchased as a going car with a full rebuild underway.

I have since purchased inner guard headlight covers etc. from DRB without problem.

Additionally, Craig in Queensland the RCR representative for Australia and Fran in the States at RCR, have been fantastic in sourcing air conditioning parts for me along with Audi trans axle bits.

Paul and John at Roaring Forties, have both been great in assisting me with trans axle problems, also without question on the fact that I do not have one of their cars.

It is refreshing to see this and I'm very appreciative of the support.

Again, the kit car industry is alive and well. Good customer service all around!!

Cheers

Bernie

Back