Cav in Australia

There are definately two cars over here but to date they haven't been registered.
The government don't have any record of them coming into the country under the SEVS scheme but I have seen the cars with my own eyes.

I believe these two were at kostecki engine centre here in Perth for quite some time. I understood these were brought in by the aussie CAV agent. To my knowledge they are still unlicensed vehicles.

Don't know much more than that.

Just contact Jean at CAV yourself....he is a no BS Guy....also he responds to your questions quickly. Getting a CAV into Australia is easy. Their pricing is awesome and blows the local content away when it comes to value. There are 2 in WA, from my research I can't see why they cannot be registered as ICV's. The WA owner is trying for small volume compliance.

Maybe you could help me with a bit more information on bring a Cav in. I have tried through the government departments but struggled to get a straight forward answer.
What I was told so far is the car or parts would come in through the SEVS scheme. To bring a car in through this scheme a Raws workshop must be used bring the car up to spec with regard to ADR's.
I'm not interested in paying other people to do the work.
If you know how I can bring the car in as parts and have it approved as an individually constructed vehicle i am all ears.

FInd a good import agent (that is the key to a low stress import, they know all the right people to get your car out of customs), I use a Guy here in WA that does not BS you into thinking it costs heaps.... A kit from the States should cost you no more than 10k landed and cleared at your house. I'm not sure about SA but it is a direct link to Oz not via Singapore from the States.

I am also looking at CAV at the moment so will know more soon.

You bring the car in as parts....not SEVS or anything else, then you build the car as an ICV......it's all easy. I helped a Mate bring in a kit from FFR into WA and it was all pretty straight forward. I had no problem bringing in my FFR or registering it.

PM me and I'll send you some contacts and more info.

Back