1,800 hp Ford GT!!

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Just got this from a friend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMxv3xMxgA&feature=player_embedded

Ford GT owners are lucky to have such a cool “American supercar” and are a unique bunch. Some are diehard Ford loyalists who hocked everything to acquire the car. Some are exotic collectors who saw it as just another “hot wheel” in the collection. A select few are “hot rod” tinkerers who are not satisfied with the factory delivered 550 horsepower.

Performance Power Racing started with the factory 5.4L aluminum block and ported the cylinder heads to match the increased flow from the turbos. FPR also added custom turbo spec cams to accent the airflow to the combustion chamber. The factory roots style supercharger was removed and replaced with a Wilson Manifolds sheet metal intake plumbed to two Precision Turbo 70mm turbos, set at a conservative 10 psi. Controlling the PCM is a custom tune by TORQ via a BigStuff aftermarket tuner. Power ratings come in at 1800 Rwhp and 1450 Rwtq. To match the increased power levels, the Ricardo transmission has been upgraded to a straight cut and heat-treated gear set

What we dig most about this video is the removal of the clamshell hood for the dyno tune and test drive. It takes “showing all your cards” to a new level. Any gear head can recall someone in their town that liked to ride around without a hood showing their pride and joy engine mods. We're just impressed that this Johnny guy is not a vain GT owner. He likes to roll around showcasing this $50,000 twin-turbo jewel. Maybe he’ll start a trend among Ford GT owners.

Future plans on this beast are to turn up the boost to 15, 25 and even a jaw dropping 30 psi!

I've got to wonder about the power rating. With almost 2000 hp in a car that weighs as little as this does,you have a power to weight ratio similar to a top fuel dragster from some years back. With that kind of torque, this thing should light up the tires at PART throttle and yet it appeared he was able to floor it in the lower gears with no loss of traction. All I saw was engine smoke. Could that rating be a bit optomistic????

I think if you have a look at the vid and what was written, the car has around 712 hp at the rear wheels on 10 pounds of boost, not 1800. The 1800hp is a theoretical figure assuming the engine will develop this at 30 pounds boost.
I would be surprised if the head was still on the engine with a standard CR and 30 pounds.

I've got to wonder about the power rating. With almost 2000 hp in a car that weighs as little as this does,you have a power to weight ratio similar to a top fuel dragster from some years back. With that kind of torque, this thing should light up the tires at PART throttle and yet it appeared he was able to floor it in the lower gears with no loss of traction. All I saw was engine smoke. Could that rating be a bit optomistic????

The item was posted by a Texan!!!:)

Brian,I hope that's not what you told your wife, especially before she sent in the measurements for your new kitchen. Sorry about where this went folks,it's now a paddock item.

Back