Most expensive replica?

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Of course they would say it is a 'continuation' rather than a 'replica'. Very nice spec though...

If you had that sort of money (give or take a bit) would you go for this or a new GT?

Keith

"The only modern incarnation sanctioned by The Ford Motor Company "

"Ford Motor Company have even sanctioned the use of "continuation" chassis numbering for these vehicles."

More Hot Air from dealers who should know better. I wish they'd do their homework.

I've seen adverts for these (SPF's) in which it's described that parts are 100% interchangeable with an original and this one is only 75% :laugh:

The number plate is not legal on a '58 plate, but it would look hideous with the correct yellow reflective variety. I wouldn't have thought the cops would be that bothered...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Is that number plate legal ?

Nope number plate is not legal
Front numberplate also questionable as difficult to see
Fully road legal and yet VAT exempt???

Presumably also been through IVA
So where are reverse lights / fog lights
Front indicators in period correct position but IVA legal? IVA does not allow for modifications after the test

Mk2 with ZF????
Ford do not own the "GT40" name that is owned by Safir
So advert could have a lot of holes blown through it!

A lot of window dressing for a replica - nice replica - but replica none the less

Ian (Owner of a 41 inch look alike!)

The number plate is not legal on a '58 plate, but it would look hideous with the correct yellow reflective variety. I wouldn't have thought the cops would be that bothered...

Would like to have the same (once on the road). I guess the worst that can happen is an on the spot fine of the kind issued to motorbikes with 'show' sized plates.

Agree with you Ian - there seems to be quite a few discrepancies between what is on the car and SVA (58 plate) compliance - but it has been issued a registration...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I did a pile of reading on the IVA a while back and one of the things mentioned was they were recommending photographic evidence be taken and kept so that any modifications after the test could be spotted and "adjusted back to IVA pass"

SVA did not have this clause so after passing you could "legally" make alterations

After all go an buy a Focus and it does not come with roof rails and a tow hitch - you can have these retrofitted and it does not become non road legal but would either of the above necessarily pass the IVA tests? /But then the Focus would not need to pass an IVA/

A lot of Grey areas being sorted?????
Ian

I guess what they are saying is that they have not read the Superformance details about the car, nor do they understand the SAFIR connection vs FORD. Nice finish, and with the cost of fuel (if you are concerned about that), the 5 speed is a good transmission to have, but a 427FE looks much better under the rear glass.

Back