Does size matter?

Most of the replicas will have enough room for you simply by mounting the seat as far rearward as possible and the opposite for the pedals.If you have the car built instead of doing a basic kit, you'll have the car fitted to you. There are a few guys on the forum taller than you and they're OK. I'm 5' 11" with a longer torso and have no problem with roof height or distance to the pedals. One hint - it will be your foot size,not your height that might cause a problem. If you check out Mark Reid's excellent build thread, you'll see how he solved the problem. A.J.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm almost 6'4" tall and fit in my RCR40 with room to spare - no Gurney bubble on the top of the door either!
Actually - With the seat in the rearmost position - I can't even stretch my toes to meet the front of the foot box on the passenger side.

I have a standard GTD with no Gurney bubble and GTD peddle box. I am 6' 2" and just about fit with the seat as far back as i can get it. There is not much room above my head (only hit the roof a couple of times). Its actually quite comfortable to drive long distances, I spent 5 and a half hours in it one day with no problems.

As comented above, I have more problems with the size of my feet.

Jas

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I am 6 foot and fit in my SPF like a glove but have the Gurney bubble for the helmet. I know some 6'2" guys that fit but have to modify their seats. I have given some dollar rides to friends that are over weight and that is an issue in my car.

Dang Randy your a big boy!

Well I'm a hair under 6'. Probably best to call it 6', so I don't think ther'll be a problem. I fit in my Lotus just fine, but shoe size does matter in it also. Also, it's 42.5" tall.

Back