Washington State gt40's

Salina Bailey

Supporter
I saw a black with silver stripes, twin nostril MK1 today on highway 522 headed into Monroe Wa. first one I have seen on the road this year. anyone from the forums? holler next time if your just out for a cruise, we could have brought the blue one out and had lunch!

I saw a black with silver stripes, twin nostril MK1 today on highway 522 headed into Monroe Wa. first one I have seen on the road this year. anyone from the forums? holler next time if your just out for a cruise, we could have brought the blue one out and had lunch!

Hi Red, there are a few in WA here. We should definitely have a get together this summer!

Hi Red, there are a few in WA here. We should definitely have a get together this summer!
Hi Cliff. We talked about that last year. There are 3-4 of us around Portland. Could we meet up your way or one of the Historic races at Pacific Raceways ?

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure who the black car belongs to. Tom and I were at the Exotics at Redmond Town center a few Saturdays ago. It's weekly weather permitting. Name a morning and I'm there. Let's plan on getting together over the July 4th weekend at the historics.

Not sure who the black car belongs to. Tom and I were at the Exotics at Redmond Town center a few Saturdays ago. It's weekly weather permitting. Name a morning and I'm there. Let's plan on getting together over the July 4th weekend at the historics.
Hi Neal. Looking forward to meeting you Seattle 40 guys, but I can't make July 4 weekend.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
One of my friends said he has seen that Black one around Monroe a couple of times, He saw it the same day I did.
It would be great to try and get together one of these weekends. Ya'll pick a day and and hopefully everyone that wants to go can make it. I also wanted to talk the other half into a day down at Portland. There is also a small car show at the Sultan Shindig, yeah I know its tiny but kind of fun, I went down there with the cyclone last year and actually won a trophy lol. The other half might consent to bring the 40 down to hang out :)

I'll definitely be at the historics at SIR July 2-4 with the GT40 - probably the Saturday the 3rd. The racing is pretty intense on Saturday...by Sunday some of the intensity is gone.

www.sovren.org

Don't park in the field way away from the entrance - just go right to the gates to the paddock area and one of the volunteers will find a place to put you that's visible to attendees.

Should be fun!

Cliff, don't we have to sign up for the paddock area for a club thing? It would be very cool to meet for the Saturday thing at the historics. I'll be in.

Cliff, don't we have to sign up for the paddock area for a club thing? It would be very cool to meet for the Saturday thing at the historics. I'll be in.

Tom, yes, for an "official" club thing we do have to organize and sign up. I'm not positive, but I think you have to pay to do so...which seems kind of goofy, after all, we're the ones bringing the expensive machinery - we have to pay for others to look at it???

In years past I've just driven right up near to the gates to the pits and somebody inevitably finds a place to put the GT40.

Cliff, I've been looking for somewhere to take the 40 this summer. Can you suggest a place to stay.

Richard, well, if you haven't been to the SOVREN vintage races in Kent before then you're in for a treat - definitely worth the trip and should be a nice drive from Idaho. I don't know of any nice hotels in the area of Kent/SIR to be honest. I'd probably just try to get a good deal on a nice hotel DT Seattle on travelocity and enjoy the 30 minute drive down to Kent in the morning and eve.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Auburn is a lot closer and probably has some decent hotels. Kent to Auburn anyway. not sure I would want to leave a GT in the parking lot of any hotel in Seattle!

Good thought, thanks. Plus parking is $$$$ at hotels in Seattle! Sorry I think it should come with the room. In room pay toilets will be next, O crap maybe I shouldn't have written that out loud.

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Cliff, I've been looking for somewhere to take the 40 this summer. Can you suggest a place to stay.

I wouldn't stay in DT Seattle or Auburn, I would stay in Bellevue, you might pay a little more though.

DT Seattle hotels would probably have underground parking which would be pretty safe. A good hotel in Bellevue would too and it's closer.

I didn't see the black one but I know where one is that isn't put together yet.

New to the forum. Lots of parts. Lots of questions.

Hi Tom, is that a p-car track day at Pacific Raceways?

With their flimsy spider lids, do GT40s require roll over bars?

What the snell # for helmets these days? Guessing my old snell 80 open face ain't gonna cut it anymore.....

I did a bunch of track days with the p-car club at Pacific Raceways in the 90's....and was in the advanced group. Would you put me back in the novice group parked behind a dentist in a '67 912?

Yeah Cliff, this will be a P-car day. I am the HPDE Chair for the club and I get to put them on and can "sponsor" non club entrants to the events.

This will be at Pacific which has new asphalt from turn 1 to the end of turn 2. The club does not require any kind of roll over protection for non convertable cars.

We do have the correct Snell rated helmets for rent so you wont have to go buy one. The Snell rating is ending the 2000 this year and the 2010 aren't out in great force. I have been waiting to purchase a new helmet when I can find a 2010 or my new helmet will only be good for 5 years.

As for the 912, ummm how about a 914? Lets talk and I will help the registraur with which run group we can put you in. If you have run with the p-club, we should have your file on hand. This will help out a lot in determining just where to put you. You may be more comfortable in the B class. Still very fast, but can help get your feet wet again.

I have also changed a rule at the drivers meeting that IF YOU WANT TO PASS A CAR ABOUT 40" TALL, LOOK FOR THE BLINKER AS I WILL NOT REMOVE MY WINDOW FOR THE LET BY PASS.This usually gets a pretty good laugh.

Back