MK IV production status?

Hello, first official post on the forums, although I follow the news here all the time. What a wonderful database of gt40 fans! Thanks to the moderators and admins for keeping this community running.

I had a question: Does anyone know more information or tidbits regarding the MK IV's being made, which is features on John Allen's site? (Ford GT MkIV in production again)

I had seen one of these at Road America '09 by the end of pit lane in fiberglass/ honeycomb chassis. Just wondering if any new information has come out.

Is that one more still for sale?

An enquiry to the John Allen site regarding current availibility might get a more definitive answer.
Quite a few pics of these cars & some others taken from the construction of one of the bare 'spare' chassis in the gallery & Chris Melia posted a few from the 'Road America' GT40 aniversary meet last year.

Ya i did some more digging around the site. Amazing the content that is on these servers. Almost as much info as the GT40/Cobra registry, just in fragmented pieces!

I saw some more photos of them around, no updates really as of late however. Maybe I should inquire with the International Man of (Shelby) Mystery, Fran Kress.

Amazing looking vehicles though. Can't wait to see one in a youtube video roaring on a track

10 Mk IV cars to be built by Kar Kraft. First two are getting close to completion.

Don't know if all have been sold, contact Mike Teske for info.

Chris

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ya i did some more digging around the site. Amazing the content that is on these servers. Almost as much info as the GT40/Cobra registry, just in fragmented pieces!

I saw some more photos of them around, no updates really as of late however. Maybe I should inquire with the International Man of (Shelby) Mystery, Fran Kress.

Amazing looking vehicles though. Can't wait to see one in a youtube video roaring on a track

Fran's car is out for paint at this time.

Why would anybody want to replicate something SOOOO UGLY?!!

The English made the GT40 look so PREEEETY, the Yanks decided,,, NO it needs the American look, so we gone make it look like pigs butt.

Jac Mac,

Faili F has a BIG wooden spoon and is stiring up some humor here.........

Molleur, in case your not aware, Faili & I have crossed 'Spoons' before, always I think in mock battle & with some humour intent:), but for him to mock the MKIV is taking things to the edge.... I need to go into town & get a bigger spoon....:uneasy:

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I don't know who has what deal with who but the cars shown on the John Allen site are NOT at Kar Kraft. The picture on the Allen site was taken in Ken Thompson's shop attached to his house outside of Charlotte, North Carolina.
Jack, Kirby and I were there a couple years ago. Here are some pictures of this shop with parts being assembled to start putting these cars together. There was a rolling chassis from the lot at the Road America event last year.
Kirby is the old guy in the white shirt.

Attachments

• DSCF2562.jpg
    DSCF2562.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 663
  • DSCF2570.jpg
    DSCF2570.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 719
  • DSCF2575.jpg
    DSCF2575.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 636
  • DSCF2565.jpg
    DSCF2565.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 666

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Why would anybody want to replicate something SOOOO UGLY?!!

The English made the GT40 look so PREEEETY, the Yanks decided,,, NO it needs the American look, so we gone make it look like pigs butt.

Whatchu Talkin' 'bout Willis???

whatchutalkinboutwillis.jpg

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Faili,

I'ts good to hear from you, I miss your insitefull comments.

Rember my dear Shiek some people like pig butt.................I do, with eggs and toast.

Faili,

I'ts good to hear from you, I miss your insitefull comments.

Rember my dear Shiek some people like pig butt.................I do, with eggs and toast.

Silence, Infidel Craik,,,,,,
We do not eat Swine as you know,, let’s not highjack this lecherous tread.
MKIV needs to have a Chevy engine to go with its looks. Not a 427,,, a 305 with 2 barrel perhaps, painted in livery UPS brown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM...........Bacon

My rag head friend, may the wind be at your face.

Now, back to Mk 4 production status!

Last edited:

Keith

Silence, Infidel Craik,,,,,,
We do not eat Swine as you know,, let’s not highjack this lecherous tread.
MKIV needs to have a Chevy engine to go with its looks. Not a 427,,, a 305 with 2 barrel perhaps, painted in livery UPS brown.

Perfect! :laugh:

I was at Ken's place several weeks ago,as he's about 15 miles from the house and there was only one 40 there and it was up on the plate.The rest he said were out at the paint shop.The remaining car will be his.Also there was an original 289 Cobra in for restoration,car was very rough shape(body wise) as it was off and in back and the frame was up on saw horses.
By the way, his place is in Denver,Nc,about 20-25 miles outside Charlotte.
B.

Some photo's sent to me of the first 2 cars painted. Setting up the paint masks for the 'C-stripe' was a challenge to get them close to original but they worked out very well in the end.

Chris

Attachments

• J13-42.jpg
    J13-42.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 463
  • J13-37.jpg
    J13-37.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 423
  • J13-38.jpg
    J13-38.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 416
  • J13-41.jpg
    J13-41.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 432
  • J14-01.jpg
    J14-01.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 459

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Some photo's sent to me of the first 2 cars painted. Setting up the paint masks for the 'C-stripe' was a challenge to get them close to original but they worked out very well in the end.

Chris

Ah, Fran K's car!

And the "C" stripes differed greatly on the 67 cars at LeMans. Look at period pictures and the stripes are VERY different on the HM/Shelby cars and even amoungst the same team. The width of the stripes through the door/quarter area varies a lot.

See his other GT...http://www.gt40s.com/forum/original-gt40s/32955-p1054-auctioned.html

Last edited:
Back